Chapter 1 - Rescue

Rey found Kylo on time and dragged him seriously injured into an abandoned house. The house has only one room. There are a table with chairs, a fire pit, a rocking chair by the window and a bed in the back corner.

Rey manages to put the almost unconscious Ben into bed with a lot of effort. he is barely conscious and his clothes are soaked in blood. Rey begins to examine him and undress him to locate the injuries. she pushes aside the discomfort of being so close to him again after past events. Medical care must now take priority over embarrassing feelings. His upper body is covered with wounds, some of them quite deep. Rey can feel his own pain and the dwindling forces within him and worries whether Ben will survive those wounds. she turns around and quickly opens her bag to retrieve the medical instruments and bandages. she can not explain her fear and the trembling hands that uncontrollably set in the thought of him dying. it's because you're lost too, she tells herself, nothing more. she takes a deep breath and turns back to bed.

Suddenly, Ben is right in front of her, his face is less than 5 cm from hers, he grabs her by the arms and stares at her bleakly. "why are you here?" he growls "to kill me, to finish it?" ... he sways for a moment, but his hands are still closed around her upper arms like a vise "this is not necessary, I will not survive anyway"

His deep voice and the intense gaze that keeps her captive, chases her body and all her senses focus on him. He seems to feel her reaction, because his eyes are questioning and he frowns, as if he did not know what to do with the incoming information in his brain. "I'm here because you need help, and to help me," she says calmly, looking him straight in the eye. the expression in his eyes is even more confused than before. "Why....?" he whispers, then his eyes blur and he begins to waver threateningly.

"Let me help you!" Rey pushes him energetically back onto the bed and falls halfway over it herself, because he still holds her arms tight despite the emergence of unconsciousness. She frees herself from his grip with some difficulty and climbs down from him. The man is really just too huge, she thinks half annoyed half blushing. A slight smile appears briefly on his face. I wonder if he can still read my feelings in the state, she thinks in astonishment. But then a strong tremor is running through his body and his face looks like hurt.

Rey quickly starts to care for his wounds, cleansing and closing the deep cuts. at least she had all the necessary materials, thanks to the good equipment. Ben fell into unconsciousness during the procedure but his breath goes deeper with each bandage and medications given. That reassures rey a little bit.

After the wound care, she quickly cleanses his face and the intact areas of his arms and chest. She looks at him for a long time, then she can not resist and brushes the messy hair out of his face. they are so incredibly soft, the opposite of the rest of this man. As she looks down, she notices with surprise that he has his eyes fixed directly on her. his gaze is now completely different than before, it is ... regret, longing. Uncontrolled tears rise to her eyes and she touches his cheek gently. He closes his eyes and falls asleep.

Rey is confused. she is also overwhelmed by a great tiredness. She covers Ben, takes another blanket from a pile at the foot of the bed, sits in the rocking chair and falls asleep immediately.