Chapter 4 - Jedi Robe

Both watched in wonderment as the objects of the room lazily floated in the air. Water pitcher, dishes and tools, everything was in motion. "Have we been that?" Rey asked in surprise. Ben finally let go of her arm and everything immediately fell to the ground. The water pitcher ​​shattered with a loud crash.

"I think that answers the question," Ben raised an eyebrow. "I would say any association should be treated with caution until we know more about our common powers," he mused, then stopped awkwardly when he noticed Rey's astonished and embarrassed look and realized the ambiguity of his words. "I mean ... of corse ... any association of our force ..." he cleared his throat "what I meant to say ..." "I know what you wanted to say, let's make fire and secure the environment." She turned her head, red-headed, toward the front door and marched out.

Ben stopped hesitating at first. He was not used to being embarrassed. Actually, this word was not even part of his vocabulary until a few moments ago. Something about her made him look like a fool. It was not that she was aware of anything specific to influence him. It was just her presence. That had to stop on the spot, he decided, focus on the new information and use it to your advantage, master the situation! He should do this now, immediately!

"Are you coming?" Rey called to him from the outside. He pulled on his rather torn uniform and went outside. Not far from the cabin, Rey had landed her spacecraft. She was on her way to the loading dock and turned to see if he was following her.

Dawn was already breaking, but Ben could see that they were somewhere in the higher, sparsely populated mountainous regions of Chandrila. The view was breathtaking. Deep down in the valleys, the rolling hills were punctuated by blue lakes which are so characteristic for Chandrila. Here and there smaller settlements nestled against the hill crests. They were well recognizable by the light sources in the spreading darkness.

Ben had nearly no memories of his homeland, she was a stranger to him. The last years after leaving the jedi temple he had spent mostly on warships or the Starkillerbase. The first order was always focused on minimalism and efficiency. Individuality and diversity had no place there. Such a largely influenced by nature original place like this planet doesn't corresponded to this philosophy either.

Rey watched as Ben comes to her direction and the ship. He passed through the ground ahead of him with his own determination and authority. He looks like a predator falsely released in a peace-lovin area; beautiful and elegant but also deadly, she thought fascinated and admonished herself, above all, not to forget the quality "deadly".

He was already with her and she went ahead in the ship. She searched for food rations, water and her own bag. Then she opened a box, pulled out a stack of clothes and hugged them into Ben's arms. "Your clothes are torn, you should put on fresh clothes." Ben looked at the equipment presented to him.

"This is the robe of a Jedi ..." he looked half annoyed half wondering. She folded her arms across her chest and looked back angrily, "I'm sorry, Supremeleader Ren, first-order uniforms are out." He did not answer and she added, "You can change your clothes or carry on the rag, decide, I'll make the fire." With that she turned around and stomped out of the machine.

He should let her pay for her impudence, he thought, but decided to change clothes for practical reasons. He could not figure out where the little smile on his face came from when he started to change.