Chapter Twenty Eight

A/N: Last chapter, you guys!

I gazed into the mirror nostalgically as I smoothed down the blue robe that covered my pink dress. My cap was in hand and my makeup was done perfectly. I'd even donned a pair of heels for the occasion.

I looked nice, but it was a sad, melancholic day that marked our journey from carelessness to adulthood.

It was graduation day and it had come much too soon.

When I'd first got here, I'd hoped that I could get out as fast as I could. Now that I'd stayed, I'd found love and I'd found friends that I couldn't imagine leaving behind now.

The past few months had flown by so quickly that I'd blinked and missed it. I hadn't realized that the reality of graduation was coming closer until it reared its ugly head, and it was time to leave.

Julio and I hadn't gone to prom, as neither of us had felt like it was our scene. We'd instead gone out with Brad and Romi, who Julio got along with splendidly. Chris had been home sick so he hadn't gone, either. Ryo had taken the only Japanese girl at school, Naoko Ishida, to prom and they'd hit it off pretty well; they were practically dating now.

Ally and Charlie had gone together, and, predictably, they'd won Prom Queen and King, respectively. Their relationship was strained and I knew for a fact that she was going to break up with him today, almost as soon as we graduated- their relationship just wasn't healthy.

Julio had chosen to get ready in his old home, and I'd reluctantly agreed because I knew that his father wasn't there. He'd told me he'd see me at the ceremony, and I couldn't wait.

My mother wasn't going to be attending my high school graduation as she was at a fashion show in Kyoto. Instead, Jack was going to be cheering both Charlie and I on.

A knock sounded at the door, and I glanced at my reflection in the mirror approvingly one last time before heading towards the bedroom door to open it. It was probably Ally or Romi, as Ally had suggested that the three of us go in together.

On opening the door, I found the surprise of my life.

"Chase!" I exclaimed, shocked at the sight of my brother standing on the other side of the door, looking as annoyingly complacent as ever.

"Hey." He greeted, smiling widely, and I poked his bicep to make sure that he was actually there and it wasn't a hallucination made by my increasingly nervous mind.

I pulled him into a large hug, not letting go for at least twenty seconds, before retreating and examining him.

"What are you doing here?" I demanded. His course wasn't supposed to end for another two weeks, or at least that was what he'd told her.

"Well, I couldn't exactly miss my baby sister's high school graduation now, could I?" He smirked, and I hugged him again, still unable to believe that he was actually there.

"You weren't supposed to be here for another three weeks!" I said, and he chuckled.

"I told you that just to throw you off, but if you want me to go back, then I can take the next flight out there." He teased, and I rolled my eyes.

"Don't be silly." I scoffed, punching his arm.

"Now, are you ready to go?" He asked, but just as he said it, Ally's voice resounded, echoing off the walls. She and Romi entered

"Hey!" She squealed, dragging it out, not seeming to notice or care about my brother's presence in the room. She hugged me briefly, and so did Romi and both of them finally seemed to realize my brother was there, too.