Epilogue

I sit at a table in a small little cafe, with Ace sitting across from me. He smiles when he sees the waiter coming towards him but then the waiter turns and walks to the other table and Ace groans.

"I need food," he whines.

I shake my head. "You had a bag of chips and a sandwich before we came here. You eat so much." I wish I could eat that much without getting fat. I would probably never stop eating if that were the case.

Eating without getting fat is basically a superpower that has not been acknowledged.

Ace leans forward, across the table, and takes my hands in his. "May I have the honours of eating you, since the food is taking forever?" he teases and a smirk finds its way onto his face.

"Maybe later," I reply making him groan.

"Damn it, I was hoping you'd just get up on the table and spread your legs for me," he says sarcastically.

"Don't be sarcastic with me, mister."

He rolls his eyes. "You're telling me not to be sarcastic with you. Girl, you're a walking ball of sarcasm."

I laugh and glance down at his hands that are intertwined with mine. His hands look so long and beautiful.

I've realised something about being in love. People come and go. I may have loved Jake, I may love Ace and maybe in the future I'll love someone else.

I'm still in high school. My life is not a romantic movie or anything like that. I just have the chance to spend time with a really attractive guy and that is that.

It's not worth the drama of fighting for one person right now, because if it's meant to be it will be. I don't need to put up with bullshit to find my soulmate.

One thing I know for sure is that I live in a world where, sadly, love doesn't last. I need to be realistic. If a stupid hoe in my class is going to fuck my dad and the guy I liked, then so be it.

There are plenty of super hot guys in the sea and I'm not sticking to one right now. My mom married my dad a year after they graduated, and look how that ended up.

I need to just live my life the way I want to and if a cute guy comes along for the ride then I'm not going to complain.

Love is such a powerful and meaningful word because of what it represents, but if you really think about it, love doesn't exist. Some guy probably got turned on and said that feeling was love and everyone just went with it.

I can say I love whoever I want. I am allowed to. I can love Ace now. I can be happy now. When it's over, it's over. There are millions of amazing people in this world and I'm not going to limit myself by sticking to one.

Jake was just a crush. I've had boyfriends before. I'll have boyfriends again. I don't care what people think of me anymore.

I'm happy.

That's what really matters.

****

OMG BYEEEE

T w i t t e r : xPineappleGirlx
I n s t a g r a m : laylzk
S n a p c h a t : laylz_k

Lots of love and jelly tots- TPG