Wattpad Original
There are 2 more free parts

Fourth Chapter

I blinked as the nurse put in the last stitch

I blinked as the nurse put in the last stitch. I had gotten eight of them under my eye. She was doing a fine job not asking what happened. She even told me to watch my step on the stairs next time. 

"So tell me, how old are you?" she asked, while she was cleaning the rest of the blood off my face. 

"Eighteen." 

"You guys keep getting smaller and smaller." She wiped one final time and made a little bounce. "Or maybe I get older or older. Or maybe both. What do you think?"

I shrugged, and she did as well.

I jumped down from the chair I was sitting on and went out in the hall to a waiting Birdie instead of the guard who brought me here. 

"Another miscommunication?" he asked and nodded towards my face. I didn't answer but just waited for him to lead the way back to the cell block. "I can't help you if you refuse to talk to me." 

"I'm not interested in talking to you," I growled. "Take me back to my cell." 

"You took on two very large canines, and you walked away with one cut. You're going to have to talk to me whether you want it or not." He grabbed my arm and led me into a new room. It looked like another infirmary, though smaller than the one I had just been in.

"Why? Why do you care?"

"Because it's my job." 

"Why? You're a soldier! I am no one." 

"You're not no one."

"Why does it matter?" I was getting angry again, and I was having a hard time keeping a lid on it. 

"That is classified."

"What is?" I could feel a tingling in my fingertips. I clenched my fists. This was so not the time to get riled up. 

"You do not ask me questions, understand? You're an inmate." 

"And this inmate wants some fucking answers!"

"What is wrong with you? Do you know who're you talking to?"

"Yeah, master soldier of the States! Who apparently is interested in some kid from Ireland. Why?" 

"I am not going to answer that." He crossed his arms, flexing his pretty impressive biceps.

"Who sent you?" 

"I am not going to answer that either." His calm demeanour was pissing me off. 

Tingling turned to pain faster than expected. I doubled over, holding my hands out from my body. Oh shit. Why now?

"I am going to shift," I groaned and started backing away from Birdie. He grabbed both of my shoulders and pushed me against the wall. 

"Listen to me," he said with a soft voice.