Chapter Four: New Years

Levon wanted to laugh at the whole situation, but mostly at Todd. Todd had always mocked the slumber parties Levon had had with Aisha and Cash. He used to laugh at them and make jokes with Betto about how unwilling he would be to join in on the 'girly' sleepovers. Yet here he was, wearing pajamas and huddled down with them all in the pillow fort, discomfort clear on his face.

It was Cash's idea. Usually, the group of friends had a party with a bonfire and maybe even some fireworks, but since Cash had her falling out with her father, she didn't have access to the firepit and had instead asked if everyone would be willing to have a little party at her and Parker's apartment. A slumber party for six grown adults. Levon was loving it.

The evening had been filled with card games, music, cocktails, melted chocolate with fresh fruits and all kinds of other snacks. They had banded together to build a huge pillow fort that took up the majority of the living room, they were all pretty buzzed on the funky cocktails Aisha had been mixing and they've been keeping themselves very entertained with the use of games and fighting.

Todd was across from Levon, slumped lazily on the thick blanket floor, with Betto to his left, and Parker to the left of Betto. Cash was leaning heavily against her boyfriend with her laughter, and he was holding her with the smile that just screamed how utterly in love with her he was.

Levon thought they were a stunning couple. She was small and curvy, Mi'kmaq with thick black hair, darker skin and warm brown eyes that crinkled with humour. He was a taller, broad-shouldered ginger, pale and covered in freckles. They had been together since high school and had been friends for much longer.

Levon was next to Cash and had Aisha on his other side. She and Todd had demanded to be at the mouth of the fort; Todd so he could escape faster, and Aisha so she could leave frequently to refill their drinks.

They had just ended a game of Uno in which Parker had absolutely demolished Betto and kicked all of their asses. Levon's face hurt from laughing and he was pretty sure he was starting to feel the cocktails. He found it was getting harder and harder to stop himself from staring at Todd with a mixture of affection and frustration.

Todd and Levon had been on very good terms since Christmas. They hardly even bickered. It was all laughter and hanging out. They exchanged gifts. They visited Levon's grandparents and his Uncle Matt, and Todd had been unbearably pleasant on both trips. It was probably the friendliest they'd been with each other since they'd become not friends. Levon laughed at his idiotic terminology and lack of title for his relationship with Todd.

Todd, who he would love to call his boyfriend, but the stubborn shit had yet to acknowledge their kiss in any way. Since it had happened it hadn't come up again. Levon had tried to broach the subject, but the attention always got diverted. He wasn't even sure if it was Todd doing it on purpose or if the idiot boy wasn't thinking about their kiss at all.

"Come help me get more drinks," Aisha slapped Levon on the arm and he snapped his eyes to her, realizing he had been pretty much glaring at Todd. But of course, Todd didn't notice. He was talking to Betto.

"Sure." Levon crawled out of the fort after Aisha, grabbing some empty glasses that were handed to him. They went to Cash and Parker's tiny kitchen/dining room and she got to work mixing up another fruity cocktail.

"What's up?" Aisha was a very tall and pale blond with a smile nearly too wide for her face. She peered at Lev, a brow arched and amusement in her eyes. "Because you were looking at Todd like you were about to start kicking his ass."

"So you admit that I could kick his ass?" Levon smirked and Aisha rolled her eyes at him, but he was accepting the admittance as truth. He may not be as bulky as Todd, but he was in good shape. Shape enough to kick ass.