insecurities

(an: this is part 2 to break a leg! read that before you read this)

after six weeks of hell, bill was finally getting his blue cast off.

"you're all set, mr. denbrough," the doctor smiled.

it was near the end of the school year when bill was sitting on the white hospital bed and avoiding his right leg as much as possible, finally looked down. it looked like an extremely dry, pale stick with some swelling and a huge, stitched up scar from the large cut he got from surgery. then, his eyes wandered down to his foot that looked even worse due to his second smallest toe being missing. his leg made him feel weak.

"th-thank you, s-s-sir," bill muttered as the doctor left

he looked over at his boyfriend, stanley who smiled at him. he came because he knew bill would have trouble walking around due to his muscles being feeble. stan got up and went towards him when he noticed bill attempting to stand up.

"be careful! do you need any help?" stan asked, gently. he put a hand on bill's back to guide him.

"n-no, i'm f-f-fine," bill mumbled. he got up from the bed carefully and made it on his two feet before falling into stan's arms. he groaned out of annoyance

"woah, woah, woah! slow down, bill" stan put him back on the bed. "here, put your right arm around my shoulders" bill did as he was told. "now slowly stand up and lean on me if you have to. unless you want me to carry you," but bill quickly shook his head, not wanting to show anymore signs of being fragile to his boyfriend.

"c-c-can we l-leave now?" bill questioned. stan replied with a small yep and they started to walk towards non-limping boy's car.

the boys finally got to bill's house. they both got out the car and bill stumbled inside with his arm around stan's shoulders again.

when they got inside the home, they went to the couch where bill was laid down. the stuttering boy immediately went to touch his leg to scratch the dead skin off and trace the large defect until stan yelled at him.

"bill, don't do that! the doctor said specifically not to scratch your leg. i'm going run the bath for you like the doctor said, but you stay here" stan demanded.

"o-okay," bill huffed out with a sigh. he watched stan walk to the bathroom connected to the room and then, went back to looking at his scar and poking at the place one of his toes should be. he knew was definitely now more insecure about his right leg because he already did not like how skinny both of his legs were in the first place.

stan came back through to the living room and bill stopped touching his injuries.

"bill, the bath is ready. do you need any help getting undressed?" stan questioned as he helped bill slowly stand up again.

"n-no. i th-th-think i'll b-be f-fine," bill said, as he rose.

"okay, as long if it's okay with you, i'll sit with you until the 20 minutes are up, but i promise i won't look at you. just so you don't hurt yourself and you do exactly as the doctor says, yeah?" stan asked.

bill nodded his head, knowing how much of a rule follower his boyfriend was. they hobbled over to the bathroom and bill sat down on the toilet. he began to strip his clothes as stan left the room to get clean, comfy clothes from his bedroom and a soft towel. the boy looked down at his bare chest, realizing how thin it was. he was always awfully insecure about his whole body.

bill, not being able to use his right leg, jumped on the floor and attempted to delicately get into the bath. once he succeeded, he pulled the shower curtain over the lower half of his body so stan would not be capable of seeing any of his genitals. of course, the bath was already bubbly from soap and colorful from a bath bomb from stan's obsession with baths. it made bill smile a little.

the golden curled boy reentered the restroom and put the clothing and the towel on the surface near the sink. then, he sat down on the close lidded toilet and looked over at his boyfriend who sighed sadly, peering down at his frail leg.

"what's wrong, bill?" stan asked worriedly, noticing his actions. he went to hold his boyfriend's hand to comfort him.

"n-nothing. i j-j-ust h-hate my b-body. i h-hate it e-e-e-even m-more n-now be-c-cause of the m-m-missing t-toe a-and the bi-big sc-scar. it-t's s-so bad," bill replied wistfully.

"no, no, no. you're body is not bad. i love your body! your scar and foot make you more unique and beautiful. bill, i think you're beautiful," stan let out.

bill was now a deep red with a little smile on his face because of all the compliments

"t-thank you," bill whispered.

he knew whenever he was feeling down, stan would be there to cheer him up easily.