[ Chapter 2: Separated ]

One Day Later ~

Alexia woke up after being unconscious for a day. She couldn't recognize the place. Everything is dark, her muscles ached, and her head was throbbing.

It took her a couple of minutes before she recalled what had happened, she was running in the forest with Zoe and after that, they changed. She met Beta Luca and she pleaded to let them go until everything turned into agonizing pain, silver.

"Zoe!" Alexia screamed at the top of her lungs. She could bear the pain of being shackled in silver but not the pain of being separated from her daughter.

Alexia was so weak, she tried mind-linking Zoe but nothing worked, it's as if Zoe has blocked her. Alexia focused on her scent and she couldn't smell her, it means she's not anywhere near her.

She looked around, her wrists are cuffed, a dose of silver kept pumping through her blood. She could barely move.

"Let me go!" She tried to scream but everything that came out of her mouth was a begging whisper. She didn't know where she was, all she could think of is being in the Dark Knight territory.

She shivered because of the cold floor, it dawned on her that she's in a dungeon or a cell but she's never seen this place before.

Since she couldn't do anything, Alexia remained still and drifted into a not so peaceful sleep.

- - - - - - - - - -

After a couple of hours, Alexia was awakened by someone. She had no energy to look at the person who came to her cell. She blinked a few times until she recognized the scent.

"Warrior, Chris," Alexia said. She knew almost everyone in the pack, after all, she was born and raised there. She knows how to escape as well since she knows the territory like the back of her hand.

"Alexia, Alpha wants to see you."

Chris's words scared Alexia. Even though she's known Alpha Zachary since she was a kid, she feared him for what he is capable to do.

Alpha Zachary mated with Alexia on the night they knew that they were mates. He wasn't able to mark her since she ran the next day. The following days were the worst, Alexia had to inject herself with silver to reduce her heat. Luckily, it stopped when she gave birth to Zoe.

"Chris, where is she?" Alexia begged him to lead her to where her daughter was. She couldn't mind-link or sense her. Alexia's too weak.

"It's not my place to tell, Alexia," he answered.

"I'll walk by myself if you take of these shackles." Alexia just wanted to get the cuffs out, he knows she wouldn't dare escape without her daughter.

Chris took out her cuffs and walked out of the dungeon. It was a relief for Alexia to see daylights again. Being stuck in the dark weakens her wolf vision.

After a while of walking, Alexia noticed that the pack house is different. Everything just seemed dark. What happened when I was gone? She wondered to herself.

"I'm here to take Alexia to the Alpha," Chris said to the two guards standing before the alpha's throne. Suddenly, a familiar scent ran through Alexia's nose, she knew it was her mate behind that door.

The guards opened the door and there he was, Alpha Zachary Harrison, sitting on the throne. Alexia waited for her wolf's cry, she waited until her wolf recognizes her mate in front of her. Nothing happened.

"Leave, Chris," Alpha commanded. His voice was deep, dark, and full of authority. Alexia didn't dare look up and meet his mate's eyes, she looked down.

After minutes passed by, they stood inside the room while Alpha circled around Alexia. Until she broke the silence, "Where's Zoe?"

"Don't dare open your mouth again, I'm warning you, Alexia." He said. She knew better than not to provoke him but she was desperate. She's always been near Zoe's side. Now's the time Zoe needed her the most, she just shifted a night ago.

Being the same stubborn woman she was, she looked up and said, "Let us go, Zach!" She knew that she didn't have the right to talk. What scared her the most is that she couldn't feel any mate bond. Did he marry another woman? She asked herself.

"I am Alpha to you." He commanded. Alexia waited for her wolf to submit but it felt like she's alone in this pain. Her wolf side wasn't responding to her. That meant she could stand up against him.

Then, she heard a whoosh and felt a burning pain on her back, making her fall on her knees. She couldn't believe that her mate just hit her. She looked completely vulnerable. The tears that she kept for long managed to escape her eyes. The man standing in front of her was no longer his mate. What have I done?

"I'm sorry, A-al-alph-" She tried to get it out of her mouth but she just couldn't. Something was holding her back. Alpha Zachary did not tolerate her disrespect.

Alpha Zachary flicked his fingers and suddenly, vines appeared, tying Alexia's hands. "Silver vines, it hurts doesn't it?" He said in his sadistic tone. The Dark Knight pack are known to be naturalists, they are able to produce nature in their own hands. Alexia was different.

Even though silver vines burned through her skin, Alexia remained silent. She couldn't bear her emotions and how her mate is treating her. He showed no remorse. The silver vines kept on tightening around her wrists, it started drawing blood. Alexia winced in pain.

"Alpha, I can take no more." She broke into tears, inside her head, she screamed for her wolf but it's like her wolf side wasn't there. She couldn't understand what's happening to her.

Alpha Zachary stopped the silver vines from growing. Instead, he flicked his hand and produced wolfsbane on the ground. He made it look like a carpet for his throne. The other end was in Alexia's feet, she took a step back.

She understood why her wolf side couldn't help her. Her wolf is slowly fading because of the silver that was injected into her. Now, she feared that the wolfsbane would worsen her pain.

"Tell me why you ran away or I'll make you walk on wolfsbane."

Alexia didn't have much of a choice, she couldn't just tell the Alpha her reason. She also couldn't let her wolf be in danger. Both ways she'll be damned but still, she chose to protect herself and her daughter.

"I can't tell you my reasons, Zach." By not addressing him as alpha, Alexia provoked him. Alpha Zachary's eyes turned even darker, he was full of anger and Alexia feared him at that moment.

"WALK!" He growled.