twenty-two ➶ making a splash and a little crash

A/N: Sorry in advance (;
Favorite type of food?—>

Chapter twenty-two: making a splash and a little crash  //un-edited//

He pulled me infinitely closer as we made out under the stars, not caring what anyone thought of me or him, it was just us.

The rest of the world disappeared and we were left in our own little bubble. I rested my arms around his neck and broke away for air moments later.

Resting our foreheads against each other we regained our bearings together. His chest rose up and down in tempo to my own labored breaths and he smiled down at me.

"You know," He started off, slightly moving away from me so he could get a batter look at me. "I was going to come up with this whole thing to ask you and get you some dumb poster board but I think it's even better to do this now."

I scrunched together my eyebrows and gave him a confused look. He wanted to ask me something? What could there be to ask, I was officially out of ideas at this point.

Maybe it was the kiss, but everything that was once up in my head had drained out and into the wilderness because I blanked.

"Will you go to homecoming with me?" He asked, his cheeks turning red from the cold night air.

I freaked out and almost lost my grip on my seat and fell over if it weren't for Adam's arms wrapped around my small frame. "You," I said pouting at him before pointing at me. "Want to take me to a dance."

He has to be joking? Wasn't April fools supposed to be in like eight months or something?

Sorry to break it to you Adam, but you can't exactly prank someone unless you're their sibling or it's on April fools day, and it's neither.

He smirked. "I've got s line of woman waiting for me to ask them inside, is that a yes or a no?"

I playfully punched him in the arm taking fake offense and nodded. "I'm sorry, but your going to have to say words." Adam scolded with a grin on his perfectly sculpted face.

"Yes you idiot, now let's get inside before we freeze our asses to the porch."

"Aw, but I wanted to be stuck with you out here all day and night." Adam whined like a four year old.

I just sarcastically laughed and yanked him off the ground as we made our way back into the party.

I still couldn't believe that he asked me to homecoming! What's better than that on a Sunday night?

Him asking you out on a date, and to be his girlfriend you idiot.

True self-conscious but we all can't get what we want, now can we?

"There you are!" Emm slurred as we entered the now sweaty living room.

People had passed out all over the floors and on the couches as we stepped around them to get to Emma, Allison and Summer.

Adam stayed close behind me in a protective manner once we reached them and I almost choked when I saw Allison making out with someone on the couch.

Emma saw me looking and patted my shoulder. "That's the Macy's dude!"

There it is, finally Ally found someone who shared her—somewhat, out there tastes.

"You ready to go you guys?" I asked, ready to leave this hellish party at once and get some rest.

Even though I didn't have school anymore I knew they did and they needed to get home before they got in trouble.

They all looked at each other and murmured incoherent words before swiveling to look back at Adam and I. "I think we'll get a ride with Macy dude, we want to stay longer." Summer slurred.

"Ok, you do you." I stated before turning around and walking back towards the entrance.

"See you at school May!" Emma yelled as we exited and at that moment I didn't have the heart to tell them I'm not aloud anymore, so I just left it as it was.

Adam put his arm around my waist and pulled me into him the moment we were it on the front porch and smiled down at me. I grinned back up at him, things have definitely changed between us and I couldn't be happier.

"I'll see you tomorrow?" He asked, his eyes landing on my lips once again.

I shook my head and he lifted his gaze to my eyes with a confused expression. "I'm not allowed to anymore the illness has gotten worse." I stated solemnly.

His eyes lost the brightness it once held and I felt s pang of hurt in my chest at the prospect of not being at school anymore.

"Well, then I'll see you after school." He said, not as a question but more as a statement before kissing my forehead and walking to his truck parked on the curb.

I grinned at the fact that he didn't freak out but stayed positive and found a way around it—just like he did when I told him about my cancer.

I'm almost one hundred percent sure that his middle name was positive, but hey, all I knew was that he was amazing.

I walked to Emma's truck and hopped into the drivers seat and popped the keys into ignition before making my way across town and to the hospital.

I turned the radio on and blasted the local radio station and just as the hosts started to talk about the upcoming Jingle Ball I turned it up and smiled.

Can this night get any better?

I don't think so, it was absolutely perfect.

I turned into Palling Way and rolled into the nearest stop light to a red light and notice there was no one else in the intersection—my luck.

The light turned green and I stepped onto the gas to cross the four-way light only to come short when a pair of headlights came from my left side.

I turned and instantly regretted it when the truck was hit in the side by the massive cargo truck and it bent in the middle as my life flashed before my eyes.

The glass shattered around me and everything moved in slow motion and my seat belt constrained the movement of my body anywhere other than the drivers seat.

The horn blared and the air bag inflated and my body went limp and everything went black as my vision blurred and my body grew pained.

The sirens coming towards the car told me once and for all that this wasn't some sick nightmare but it was real life, that not only had my entire life fallen apart and rebuilt itself in one night but my body crumpled underneath that same pressure.

Is this goodbye?

I sure hope not.