Chapter 2

The incessant ringing of the phone woke him up from his slumber. He hissed in irritation and turned away from the noise, putting his pillow on his head to tune out the noise, which, thankfully, does down a couple of seconds later. He had just sighed with relief at the peace, when the sharp shrill of the phone burst through his peaceful bubble once again. He groaned, before getting up and reaching for his phone. His expression of irritation turned to one of disgust when he saw who was calling him at the ungodly hour of 3:30 AM.

Aditya: "Mahi!? Ye mujhe iss waqt kyu phone kar rahi hai? Uthaon? Nahi yaar. Iss waqt iss ladki se deal karne ki patience nahi hai mere paas.

Aditya tossed the ringing phone on the bed before fluffing his pillow. He then looked at the ringing phone with an expression of indecision, and wondered why the hell was Mahi ringing him at this time.

Aditya: "Kahin Zoya? Nahi, aaj to usse Mahi ke saath jaate huye dekha tha maine. Aaj vo ghar ke ilaava kahin nahi gayi hogi. Mahi itni bewakoof nahi hai k Zoya ko apni nafrat ka pata chalne de.

Aditya dismissed the thought of the call being related to Zoya, trying to convince himself that she was probably fine, and Mahi was just being desperate in her vendetta against Zoya, still believing that Aditya would help her. In the mean-time, the phone stopped ringing, as it registered another missed-call. Aditya leaned back against the bed, as he mused over Mahi's ridiculous notion of them being after the same thing as each other. She was SO wrong. She hated Zoya because Zoya currently held the key to the company, the property and all the finances, which Yash had probably put in her name because he knew that, in the event of something happening to him, his mother and sister would most likely disown Zoya and leave her with nothing. If Aditya was honest, Yash was probably right about that, and Mahi was definitely proving her brother right. Aditya didn't hate Zoya, he disliked her. And that was because she displayed blind-faith over her husband and refused to believe what was probably the truth- that Yash was cheating. Well, you see, Aditya had a problem. At least Zoya knew what side she was on- her husband's. Aditya was stuck in the middle- he couldn't believe that Pooja would do that to him, with his father's history, and with her being his childhood, and best, friend. And yet when he thought about the night of the accident, and their entwined hands, her investment into Zosh- he just didn't know what to believe. And so he was stuck, and thus unable to move on. Neither from her death, nor from the "apparent cheating. It was his dilemma that was holding him back. He just needed answers. Black-and-white kind of answers. He didn't understand grey!

With these thoughts swirling in his mind, Aditya didn't realise when he drifted off into a dreamless sleep.

It was 8:00 AM when his eyes opened, due to the sunlight that fell straight on to his face. He had stopped sleeping in. He fumbled around for his phone, remembering that he had tossed it onto his bed sometime last night. Eyes widening in shock, he looked at the number of missed calls from last night. 4 missed calls?! That too from Mahi? A little concerned now, Aditya immediately called back on the number, and heard a sleepy Mahi on the other side.

Mahi: Hello?

Aditya: Mahi, kal raat ko 4 baar kyu phone kiya tha?

Mahi: 4 baar? Main kyu tumhe phone karungi? Sapna to nahi dekha tumne koi?

Aditya: tum sachmein itni bewakoof hoy a Zoya se koi competition kar rahi ho? Tumhaare 4 missed calls hain tabhi to call kiya na. mujhe koi shaunk nahi hai Ms Mahi Arora, tumse baa karne ka.

Mahi: Zoya? Oh... ab samjhi. Tumhe phone maine nahi Maa ne kiya tha. Ek to samajhti nahi hai vo bhi. Kyu tension leti hain itna uss Zoya ka.. bhad mein jaaye vo. Aur tum Mr Hooda, phone rakho, mera Sunday hai.

Aditya: wait- suno Mahi!

But Mahi had already disconnected the call.

Aditya: to phone Mrs Arora ne kiya tha. Lekin kyu? Aur ye Mahi Zoya ke baare mein kya keh rahi thi? Kuch to gadbad hai. Uski Mother-In-Law ko phone karta hun... ek second, main kyu phone karun? Zoya ko jo karna hai vo kare. Tujhe kya Adi!?... lekin... Urgh! I hate you Zoya Arora!