F O U R T E E N | T H I R T Y x S I X T Y

Thirtyxsixty (30x60): The traditional rink size for figure skating competitions. It is much wider than the regular hockey rinks used in the NHL.  

Rosaura woke up with a sore neck. It took a few moments for her eyes to adjust, but when they did she was surprised to see herself lying on the blanket with Xavier beside her. They had spent the better part of the night talking and somewhere in between, the fatigue had overtaken their bodies and they had fallen asleep.

She turned towards her right to see the Xavier was still fall asleep. He looked peaceful for the most part but ever so often, Rosaura could hear a snore. Placing her own blanket over him, Rosaura slowly got up and went to explore. She found the bathroom quickly and she opened various cabinets before looking a new toothbrush. Brushing her teeth quickly, she washed her face with warm water. It was clear that she wouldn't be able to do her regular skin care routine at his place, he only had bar soap. 

Next, she went to the kitchen. Last night, she had not been able to get a good look but today in the daylight, Xavier's kitchen was a dream come true. White backsplash was set up tastefully behind the solid black cabinets. The silver handles gave them an edgier look. Skimming through the ingredients in the fridge, Rosaura decided to make an omelet for the both of them.

Just as she was flipping the second omelet over, she heard Xavier's footsteps.

"That smells really good." he said before stepping very close to the pan and to Rosaura.

"And you don't smell very good." She said with a laugh before pushing him away.

Her heart was beating rapidly but she didn't want him to know.

Xavier made a big deal about smelling himself before muttering, "I guess I'll take a shower then."

Rosaura hummed in agreement before turning back to the omelets. Every since her and Val had become serious contenders, she had learned to change her diet. Gone were the days where she could munch on chips and other snacks. Now, she followed a strict regiment which she rarley diverged from.

Rosaura placed the omelets on the isle before helping herself to a cup of orange juice she found in the fridge. A few minutes later, Xavier joined her by placing another stool beside her.

"This is actually delicious," he said, mouth full of food.

"That's disgusting." Rosaura commented.

"What?"

"Eating with your mouth open."

Xavier closed his mouth immediately and Rosaura had to smile. They had a nice flowing relationship after only knowing each other for a few months. It was comfortable, and Rosaura liked it.

"So, what are your plans for today?" Xavier asked her.

Rosaura checked her phone before swearing quietly. "I have practice in about an hour." She had almost forgotten about practice. That was not the mindset she wanted to be in just before the Grand Prix.

"I can drop you off." Xavier said casually.

She shot him a thankful look. "I don't know what I would do without you. Thank you so much."

Xavier laughed. "Without me, you would probably be at home bored and eating breakfast by yourself."

Rosaura scowled. "Stop painting me as if I'm a loner."

Xavier threw his arm around Rosaura's shoulder. "But you are," he joked. "On a more serious note, that just means I get to spend more time with you and you no longer have an excuse."

Rosaura could see that he was joking so she let the comments slide by. Then she looked down at her outfit and realized that she didn't have any of her skating equipment either. Quickly gulping down the rest of the orange juice she urged Xavier to hurry. "We need to make a pit stop at my house. I don't have any of my skating things."

Xavier, looked calm as ever. "Don't worry, I'll get you there on time."

She glanced at the clock once more. Sighing, she accepted the fact that she was going to be late.

---------------

"You are a mad man." Rosaura declared as Xavier pulled up into the London Knight's practice facility.

Xavier laughed, "I told you that you would reach practice right on time, but you didn't believe me."

Rosaura hadn't. By the way Xavier ate his breakfast, she was sure that she was going to be late. However, that had all changed she they had stepped into his car. Xavier pressed the accelerator and they never looked back. Normally, Rosaura was against speeding but sometimes, desperate times called for desperate measures.

"Thank you, once again for doing this." She said collecting her bag from the trunk.

"No problem, but I have one question," there was a mischievous smile on Xavier's face. "Did yesterday count as a date?"

Rosaura didn't know where he was going with this, but she nodded.

Xavier leaned in closer to her, "Then I guess it's time for me to give you a goodnight kiss."

"It's not night any-"

Her words were cut of my Xavier's lips on hers. Soft, was the first word that came to mind for Rosaura. His lips were utterly soft. She felt as though she was floating on clouds, flying aimlessly. Xavier's hand cupped her face and he gradually began applying more pressure. Rosaura followed in suit. Finally, when the two of them go no longer breathe, they broke apart.

Rosaura was dazzled, she didn't know what to say except a soft "wow."

Xavier gave her an endearing grin. "Wow is right. I'll see you later, but you need to get to practice now."

Rosaura nodded before escaping the car. She walked towards the rink but couldn't help herself to look at Xavier once more. He gave her a two-finger salute before he was off. Still in a daze, she walked into the arena almost bumping into Val.

"Cutting it close, aren't we?" he teased her while looking at his watch.

"It was a rough morning," she mumbled

Val threw her a curious look but before he could ask anything, their coaches stepped up and told them to get onto the ice. While they were stretching, Val took the time to quench his curiosity, "Did something happen?"

Something had happened. Xavier had kissed her, but Rosaura somehow wanted to keep it private. Giving Val a mysterious smile, she stepped onto the ice, "Mind your own business Valentin."

She could hear Val's voice right behind her, "I'll find out sooner or later." He vowed.

Rosaura merely laughed and skated away. 

---------------

They had their first kiss! Please vote and comment if you guys are enjoying the story. I love reading what you have to say.