Part Five

❗️(The song can be played for comedic effect, but is not required.) ❗️
The first half of the day was fairly boring, until lunch. Leo, like he promised, sat with Calvin after he purchased his lunch. They were actually having fun, until Calvin's twin sister Chloe showed up.
"So, I see you're with your boyfriend again, Calvin." She said, snickering. 'What is with her and gay jokes?' Leo thought. Calvin plastered a fake smile.
"At least I could get a boyf-" He started to say, when Elizabeth decided to join the conversation by sitting next to Chloe.
"You have a boyfriend, Calvin? Who is he?" She butted in, completely cutting off Calvin's insult.
"I don't have a boyfriend. Never have. Never will. I'm not gay." The blonde loudly clarified, silencing everyone else at the table. Elizabeth and Chloe left, giving Calvin the evil eye for not being able to take a joke.
"Well, I think it's a shame you're not gay." Leo said eventually. Calvin turned to him.
"Oh really? And why is that?" He asked, almost chuckling.
"Because I really want to fucking kiss you right now." Leo said with a serious expression on his face. Calvin was going to laugh, when he realized the redhead was being genuine.
"In front of all these people?" Calvin asked skeptically. Leo shrugged.
"Why not? They won't notice." He said, caressing Calvin's cheek. The world seemed to slow to a halt around them. They were the only two people there. Leo leaned in, closing his eyes and pulling Calvin towards him. Calvin completely obliged, and the two's lips touched. They kissed for an eternity, and would've gone for longer, except there was now no one talking in the cafeteria. What happened to all the noise? WAIT.. HOLY SHIT. Calvin pulled away almost immediately once realizing that everyone had watched them lock lips for an almost unholy amount of time. Calvin was embarrassed, ashamed, and humiliated. Leo, however, couldn't have been happier. It was kind of silent for a moment, like the silence after a guy who claims he isn't gay makes out with his apparently gay friend in a public place. Elizabeth was the first one to speak again.
"So you are gay." She said loudly. Calvin couldn't handle all the attention. It was like a million suns were beating down on his face, and like a thousand eyes were staring into his soul.
"Excuse me." He mumbled quickly to Leo, then ran out the cafeteria doors and into the boy's bathroom and locked a stall door. Leo also excused himself and ran after him.
"Calvin!" He called, bursting into the boy's bathroom. Thank god it was empty, except for one stall. Leo could hear Calvin sobbing quietly. "It's not that bad. I don't think anyone saw us." Leo lied, trying to comfort both himself and Calvin.
"No one saw us? Everyone saw us, Leo! Everyone! Do you think any teachers did? Oh my god, we'll be suspended, or even worse, EXPELLED! And what will my parents think! Someone's going to tell them. Chloe saw us. My mom's going to kill me. My dad is going to kill me. Why am I such an idiot?" Calvin said so incoherently that Leo couldn't even understand most of it.
"You're not an idiot, Calvin, and no one is going to kill you. And I don't think we can be expelled. You just need to relax." Leo had never been good at comforting people verbally, and this was a spectacular showcase of that.
"Easy for you to say! You don't care what other people think! I've never done anything like that before. I'm not meant for the spotlight like you are. Find someone more apathetic to kiss next time, please. You'll be doing me a favor." Calvin whined, and slumping against the stall door.
"But you're the only guy I want to kiss. Maybe not in public next time, but I really don't want to kiss anybody else. I really like you, Calvin, and I'm sorry I embarrassed you. So what if we're suspended? We can label it as homophobia, then have a lawsuit which earns us money. It's really a win win." Calvin was tempted to laugh, but he couldn't. He was too upset.
"Just leave me alone." He finally said. He could hear Leo's footsteps, and the sound of the door opening and closing. 'Thank God,' he thought, when the door opened again.
"Calvin?" A rather unfamiliar voice called into the bathroom. Calvin stood up.
"Here." He groaned, fearing who this stranger was and what they wanted.
"The principal wants to see you." The voice said, and Calvin unlocked the stall door.
"I'll be there." He mumbled, had expecting nothing less from this already awful day. The kid nodded and motioned for Calvin to follow him. They walked out the bathroom and into the hallways. Already, the gossip had spread. People pointed at him. The million suns had returned, and so had the thousand eyes. He was, once again, embarrassed upon belief. When he entered the principal's office, Leo was already there.

The Really Attractive Project Partner [BxB]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें