03: The Pain

A/N _ Colton Haynes as Lance Franklin

Staring at the ninteteen year old in front of me, I still can't believe she was the same age as me.

Coincidentally, both of us graduated from the same high school last year. However, I had no recollections of seeing her in school at all.

Now, she's currently having her break for a while before she finds a job.

As for me, I have been assigned to work in the wine cellar ever since the incident.

There was nowhere else for me to go.

I flipped the pancakes while teaching her patiently how to cook them and we managed to learn a little bit about each other in such a short time.

She has a pet cat named after her brother, Lance. I laughed upon hearing that, knowing it was an insult aimed at her brother.

Still, I envied their relationship. They shared a close bond as siblings.

But for me, I have an older sister who only comes to me when she needs someone to be blamed for her own mistakes.

I sighed.

Time flew by quickly and I was already bringing my laundry back to my room to let it dry.

Inside my room, next to the bed was a long nylon rope which supported the weight of my laundry.

Pulling down the dry ones, I proceeded to hang up the freshly washed ones.

The whole room doesn't feel cooling at all as sunlight burned brightly. I wasn't entitled to maroon curtains or working air-conditioners like other unmated females living in the same pack house as me.

I was just an Omega, been living this lifestyle for the past four months.

Somehow, I began to appreciate what I have right now. Yet, as I compared myself in the past to my current self, I felt that I have grown into a different person.

No longer the sweet, innocent girl, I have turned into a cold, distant person who shuns anyone who tried to reach out to me.

Because I knew that they would never have good intentions when coming near me.

I chose to be cold and distant.

But, that girl who waltzed her way into my life was different. Lily reminded me of myself in the past.

She managed to bring back my happy memories when I was still a child.

Memories before my mom passed away, before my dad distanced himself from us, before my sister betrayed me, before my dad disowned me..

I frowned and shook my head at the thoughts, my ears pricking up as I heard footsteps followed.

"Seriously? This room doesn't look like how a normal person would live in!" She pointed out with a hint of empathy in her voice.

My jaws tightened as I turned around slightly and noticed her eyes staring back at me with pity.

"Stop staring at me in that manner." I snapped, a gush of anger coursed through my veins.

"Hasley-" I cut her off with a low growl. "If you are here to throw pity looks at me, I suggest you leave."

I heard sobs coming from her. "I didn't mean to."

Shuffling of footsteps followed and by the time I had fully turned around to face her, the hallway was empty.

She had ran away, crying.

Instantly, I felt guilty for making her cry. Despite knowing I was in the wrong, I just didn't like being pitied.

She made me return back to my broken self, the pitying looks in her eyes which mirrored the ones that would be thrown in my way whenever I walked past some of the pack members.

I thought she was different. But she was just like them.

I can't believe I had slowly opened up to her. My eyes travelled down to the switchblade in my pocket, flicking it open as I cut my wrist, creating a fresh wound.

I felt the pain turn into something pleasurable as though I have found a new escape.

X

Like | Comment | Share

10 May'18