Chapter 5

Kyle's POV

We were all happy that she made it. She was alive. 

Days, weeks, months had passed, and we were engaged. The wedding will be on February 14, the day she started to notice that she was falling in love with me.

We had so many plans, we even planned to travel the world, will have 3 kids, own a mansion, and live a happy life.

Well, that's what I thought.

--

"Kyle! Kyle! Open the door!"

I opened my eyes and tears started to flow down on my cheeks.

I wiped my tears and opened the door.

"Mom?" I asked.

Mom smiled at me then she hugged me. I cried.

"Shhh. It's okay. I'm here."

"Are you imagining things again?" she asked.

I nodded.

"Listen. Stop imagining things, sweetie. Face the reality. This is your decision so face it. Okay?" she said. "Life does not revolve around you and time will not stop just for you, you need to move on and move forward."

I stayed quiet.

"Reality hurts," I said.

"I know. You can close your eyes to reality but remember, you cannot close your eyes to memories. It will always stay in your mind and in your heart. Treasure those memories and learn from it," she smiled.

I smiled.

Miya was the girl who never left me wherever I go and whatever I say to her. She never get tired of me, but I ignored her. I ignored all of her efforts, even her love for me, I ignored all of it.

------Flashback (Reality)

"She was hit by a truck yesterday. I told her that I will inform you about the accident but she didn't want you to know. And now she's dying, maybe she's just waiting for you to come over here. She was saying your name over and over again while tears falling down from her eyes. Will you please come here? Please," she explained.

"I... I'm sorry. I can't. Bye," I replied. Calm down, Kyle. You made the right decision.

*krriiing... Kriiing*

"Baby. Where are you?" Alexa asked.

"I'm coming."

Then I ended the call.

---------
Airport

"Baby!" Alexa said then she hugged me.

"I'm 3 months pregnant baby. Will you please be her daddy?"

I smiled.

"Yes, I will. I love you," I said then I kissed her.

"I love you too baby."

She's still beautiful as ever. She never changed. She's still the girl I loved before.

However, there's something missing.

"Baby? Is something wrong?"  She asked.

"No, nothing. Let's go?"

*kriiing kriiing*

Unknown number calling...

"Someone's calling. Answer it, baby. It might be an important call," she said, so I answered the call.

"H-hello?" I asked, nervous. Why am I nervous? I feel uneasy. 

I heard Miya's mother cried loudly, "She's dead. She did not make it."

I immediately ended the call.

Tears started flowing down my cheeks.

No, this is just a dream... a nightmare. Wake up, Kyle.

"Baby? Why are you crying?"

I did not answer her.

I don't understand why I'm crying.

But I do understand that the moment Miya's mom said that she's dead, I feel like I was breaking.

No.

I feel like I also died.

"Baby? What's the matter?"

I looked at her.

"I'm sorry. I love Miya more than you. I love her more than anyone. I'm sorry. I just realized it today, sorry," I said while tears still flowing down my cheeks.

"W-what? Are you going to leave me like this?" she asked.

"Yes, and maybe this time, there's nothing wrong to leave you after you left me alone with your guy. Goodbye." I said.

"Wait. Who's Miya?" she asked.

"A girl whom I love even before you came into my life. Shock? Well, I just noticed it today, and realize how dumb I was when all I do is to wait for you to come back. And now you're here, that's when I thought you're not worth it."

Then I left her there dumbfounded.

She's not worth the wait.

There's someone who's worth everything and that is the girl who I ignored all the time-- Miya.

But it's too late for me to see her worth now. Too late.

She's gone.

And that's the reality.

----