• 8.The wedding •

Hi guys! Finally I could update. I know last week's upadte is pending. I will surely compensate for that. So there will be double update next week if possible not exactly same day though, but same week.
___________________________________

She sighed. Finally, she got here. That moment came. Those 6 days went by in such a flash. So here she was, decked up in blood red clothes and heavy jewellery even though it was a private ceremony.

She stood in front of the mirror observing herself. She still couldn't believe how the situation turned out to be. The woman she saw was clad in blood red lehenga with heavy jewellery. Soon to add to it, there would be sindhoor in her hair partition and mangalsutra in her neck letting people know of her marital status. She doesn't know what life has in store for her, specially this marriage which is why she is being nervous right now. Add to that the wedding jitters and you get a very very very nervous bride. But somewhere she also felt calm. She wondered how and what kind of change, this marriage would bring in the equation of their Boss-employee relationship.

Her heart flutters just by thinking about her would be husband. She can now admit to herself that she does like him not in that way of course, he was her boss after all. Who wouldn't like him, seeing his caring and humble nature, work ethics, and add his good looks to the mix. She had deep respect for him since she met him because he treated others fairly. She also received the  same, and hopefully would continue to receive the fair treatment after marriage as well. The only thing that gave her relief was that they knew each other. This was way better than marrying a stranger. And then, he was someone she knew she could learn to love given the time.

"Jeevi beta! It's time."

Jeevika took some deep breaths trying to calm down herself. But the anxiety just wouldn't leave her. Ultimately she settled for not letting others see her anxiousness.

___________________________________

The groom wasn't going through all this with any different feelings. He too was nervous, his good looks might be satisfying for others but he knew, with Jeevika the equation would be different. Not that he would have it any other way. He also knew, that he had been the one with most advantage in the situation. His soon to be wife wasn't even aware of half the matters that had occured unknown to her. And despite himself, the situation couldn't be helped. And thus Viren Singh Vadhera vowed to compensate for this, in his own way. He would do his best at this relationship, and he didn't require any kind of confirmation from anyone to know his bride would do the same.

His trail of thoughts were broken when panditji (hindu priest) called out,

"Ab aap kanyaa ko bulaiye." (Now, please call the bride.)

Viren sucked in a deep breath. Even though he couldn't see her face due to the veil, this view would be forever ingrained in his mind. He didn't understand how time passed by. He didn't even notice the change in scenery until Jeevika was already settled by his side and Panditji instructed them about the rituals. Everything passed in a blur. While taking seven rounds around the holy fire, he made seven vows. But the most important part to him was that he held her hand the whole time. Surprisingly as time went by he calmed down with the knowledge that she was his now, and no one could separate them without their will.

"Ab aap kanya ke gale mein mangalsutra pehnaiye." (Now please put the nuptial chain around bride's neck.)

He put his arms around her neck under the veil. As his arms hooked the chain, he felt goosebumps on her neck due to his touch.

"Ab aap kanya ke maang mein sindhoor bhariye." (Now please fill the bride's hair partition with vermilion.)

He did so with a ring. After all the rituals were completed he sighed in happiness. It was all over finally. She was finally his.

___________________________________

On the other side someone who was also soon going to tie a knot was sulking. And he was going to tie the knot with the reason for his sulking. Being a single child, Virat had always had his mother's attention. He had never had to share her with anyone. Thus, when Maanvi came and his mother's attention got shared, a green monster began to reside in his heart. And that was exactly Maanvi's intention. Being his secretary, she knew his whole schedule. She was the one who attended his mother's phone calls and had to regrettably tell her, that her son would be returning home late as usual. And every single time, her own heart would ache when she would hear his mother's sigh of disappointment followed by a reply of "I understand, my son works really hard no. Being his mother I have to understand. Okay beta. Just remind him to eat something if he won't be home for dinner."

Of course she knew that Virat wasn't doing this intentionally. But sometimes it was easy to forget all this in midst of work. He too was a human after all. But now, she was his soon to be wife. So she assumed she had the right to do something for this mother-son duo. So she monopolized Pragya's time altogether, not only to remind her to be husband that sometimes relationships should be prioritized over work, but also to get to know her new friend who needed her. After all, this relationship was going to give her something that she had craved, a family. She had to do everything she could for them for they weren't a part of her world, but they were her world now.

___________________________________

So, finally our favourite Virika are married! And there's another wedding on the way. Hope you liked. It wasn't much happening but that part will come later😉

Published on 13th July, 2018