Chapter Five: NDA

I pulled off my headset and opened my eyes to see Iris Hughes smiling at me from nearby

I pulled off my headset and opened my eyes to see Iris Hughes smiling at me from nearby. She waited for me to put aside the headset and sit up before motioning at the table between us. On it sat a basket filled with various marketing materials, chocolates, and a boxed copy of both the game and their anime for it.

"If you enjoyed Jeriskyr we want to offer you a VIP package," Iris spoke once I'd sat up and stretched. "Of course, we would like your feedback as well."

"I'll compile my feedback for you tonight then," I stated, crossing one leg over the other.

"Compile?" Iris tilted her head slightly.

"It's a long list—we'll be here all night if I attempt to verbally deliver it all," I answered, watching her mouth tug into a frown. "I noticed inconsistencies for one, but also some quality of life improvements that should be made."

"In that case," Iris began, shifting to pull a notepad toward herself, "this is my work address—not to be confused with my 'company representative' address that I contacted you with.

"Send me your feedback and I'll see to it that it's fixed immediately."

"Alright." I nodded. "The game has potential...but I question your company's decision to make it so realistic. Aren't you pushing the boundaries with at least a dozen gaming laws?"

"Everything has been through a legal approval process, Ms. Collins," Iris replied with a brilliant smile. "We have limitations in place to negate illegal activity within the game as well as to keep the game's systems from breaking any laws. Negative sensations such as pain have a very short range to them and serve more as an indicator than anything else.

"If you're still concerned, the pamphlet that comes with the game details everything we've done to remain on the correct side of the law."

"Sure, I'll give it a thorough read," I said, rising to my feet. "I shouldn't take up any more of your time. I'm sure you're a busy woman."

"Of course." Iris smiled. "E-mail me if you need anything. Ah—before you go, I have the non-disclosure agreement here for you to sign."

"Right." I nodded, accepting the pen she handed out to me. The legalese appeared rather standard, but I read the entirety of the document anyway. In short, it was an agreement to not speak about or show anything from the game's testing state. There were guidelines on what I could show and to who, making it less restricting than most NDA's I'd seen, but the overall intent was the same.

"Make sure you watch the anime we provided you with, not the one that Alice copied for you," Iris stated once I set the NDA down. When I gave her a questioning look, she shot me a smile that didn't reach her eyes and continued, "It is a much more accurate version than the copy Alice has. We recently finalized which scenes would be used."

"Right..."I kept my skepticism to myself and traded a few parting words with Iris. WhileI made my way toward the elevator, carrying my massive basket of goodies, Igrimaced. 'I'm calling Alice as soon as Iget home. We should be able to figure out the differences between her versionand mine—and if Iris is full of shit.'

---

Votes and comments are appreciated~<3