The Floor is Lava

What's this? More Shuri?? Shuri-ly not! 😝

Shuri was absolutely, without a doubt, one of the best people Peter had ever met. Not only did she understand all his meme and vine references, but she would also show him ones he hadn't seen before (which was hard to do) and then ones she recreated with Wakandan culture.

Peter loved it whenever she stayed at the Compound with her brother every other weekend. During the time she was there, the two were never seen apart except for when they were sleeping (and sometimes they would fall asleep in the lab or watching or a movie, so even that much wasn't always guaranteed). Mr. Stark and T'Challa learned quickly that it was best to leave them be and rely on FRIDAY to alert them if something ever went wrong.

"I want to make cookies," Peter said, sprawled out on the floor of their lab.

After Mr. Stark has been repeatedly interrupted in the lab by their own work the first time Shuri came, he made the two their own lab out of the unused conference room.

"Oh! I have a Wakandan recipe we should try!".

Peter sat up and she put down her tools.

"I'm sure I can find it on here," she said, tapping a kimoyo bead and following Peter into the kitchen.

"What do we need?" Peter asked, pulling out a mixing spoon and a bowl.

Shuri read through the ingredients, some sounding strange to put in cookies, but they had them all. Well, almost all.

"Do you have petisha beetle juice?"

Peter looked at her strangely.

"What? They add a sweet flavour to the cookies."

"We don't have squished beetles here."

Shuri sighed. "Then we cant make the cookies."

Peter rolled his eyes and put the weird ingredients away, leaving them with the basics like flour, sugar, and butter.

"We'll just make chocolate chip cookies," he decided for them.

They worked together to mix all the ingredients and shape them on the cookie tray. After they put the cookies in the oven, they went into the living room to wait.

To Peter's surprise, Sam was sitting on the couch scrolling through something on a Starkpad. It only took him a second to remember T'Challa had brought him, Steve, and Natasha back for the weekend as well. Certain they weren't in any sudden danger, Peter relaxed.

Not looking up from his tablet, Sam grumbled, "What type of poison did you two make?"

Peter got comfortable on a beanbag and Shuri laid on the other couch, leaving Sam completely undisturbed.

"Chocolate chip cookies," Peter told him proudly.

Sam nodded in approval and Peter closed his eyes, deciding now might be a good time to catch up on sleep. Shuri had other ideas.

"Hey Peter?"

He hummed.

"The floor—and your beanbag—are lava."

Peter jumped off the beanbag quicker than Steve could run. Without even thinking, he threw himself at the nearby wall and stuck to it, breathing heavily while Shuri laughed.

A sudden shriek drew Peter's attention away from his friend, though, and over to Sam.

"What is god's name is going on?"

Sam stared at Peter with wide eyes. Below him, his Starkpad had been thrown on the floor.

"Oh," Peter said, looking at the wall then climbing down. He hadn't told Steve's team yet. "I'm Spider-Man?"

Sam looked between Shuri and Peter frantically. "You're the—why the hell did Tony let a twelve-year-old fight Cap?"

"I'm sixteen," Peter protested. He'd just had his birthday and figured at the very least people would start mistaking him for thirteen. Apparently, they didn't.

"You're still a child!" Sam exclaimed.

Peter crossed his arms and frowned.

"I beat you and Bucky pretty easily."

Sam gave him a warning look and shook his finger at him. "Na ah, that doesn't count."

"And why not?" Peter demanded.

Sam let out a frustrated cry and waved his arms at Peter. "You're a kid!"

"Yeah, well you act like one!"

From the side, Shuri congratulated him on the winning insult and Peter shot her a glare.

"What's going on here?" Mr. Stark asked, walking into the room to see Sam looked shocked and Peter looking upset. "Oh. Yeah, Peter is Spider-Man."

Sam scowled and Peter glared right back while Mr. Stark walked into the kitchen.

"What's in the oven?"

"You let a kid fight at Leipzig?" Sam asked in reply.

Mr. Stark turned on the oven light and peered inside at the cookies, ignoring Sam entirely.

"Oo, cookies!" he said cheerfully. He flicked off the oven light and glanced back at Sam who was somehow looking both confused and angry. "Oh please, Wilson. He put you on your ass without even trying. He deserved to be in that fight."

"Okay, that's because I went easy on him," Sam argued, raising a hand in protest.

Peter mocked him from across the living room and Sam swatted at him. Mr. Stark didn't seem to care.

"Anyone want to go to Brussels?" he asked, looking at Peter and Shuri. "I have a meeting with Ross and need to go release some pent up anger. You in?"

"Yeah!"

They waited for the cookies to finish then said goodbye to a still shocked Sam. With a plate of cookies in hand, they followed Mr. Stark up to the jet and headed out for Brussels, Belgium.