Chapter 5 (Dylan POV)

Chapter 5

(Dylan’s POV)

“Alpha!” John called out for me.

I turned to face him, noticing he was looking at me expectantly.

“I’ve been calling you for a while. Are you alright?” He asked.

We had been driving for a few hours now. Nicolas had invited us to his territory for the presentation of his new wife, and now Luna of Raven pack.

My father had stayed at home watching over the pack while I took a few days off to visit Nicolas.

I wanted to leave Jace in charge, but he was adamant in coming. One of the Alphas attending the gathering was having problems with another pack. Jace didn’t want to risk having me out of our territory alone.

I had brought ten men with me- plus Jace, my Beta, and John, my third in command. Jace wanted to bring along twenty men, but I considered that an exaggeration.

Nicolas’ pack was a calm one and much smaller than mine. I didn’t really feel threatened by him or his pack.

In general, I hadn’t been interested in the trip. If it wasn’t for my father and Jace pressuring me to come- I would have stayed at home.

The only good thing coming out of the trip was seeing Nicolas again. The last time I’d seen him- he had been devastated with the death of his mate.

I had pitied him them.

Losing your mate was the worst thing that could happen to one.

A strong Alpha needed his Luna.

Lately, I’d been thinking of mine most often than not. I tried imagining what she would be like. Whatever I pictured, there was no doubt I wouldn’t do her justice.

“Dylan!” Jace called out.

“What?” I snapped, not liking his tone.

“John was talking to you when you went out of it again.”

“What did you need?” I asked, directing my attention to John.

“Do you want to stop again before arriving at Raven territory?” John asked me.

He was the one driving, with Jace on the passenger seat. Eric was sitting at my side. Most of the drive he’d been listening to music, while playing a video game.

“No, just drive straight through. We’re already late as it is,” I replied.

“Are you sure? If you don’t get a chance to meet them today, you can just catch up with them tomorrow. If you want to rest, we can stop,” John explained.

“I’m fine. I just want to get this over with,” I said, with my voice harsher than I’d been intending.

It wasn’t John’s fault. Despite Nicolas’ new wife not being his mate, I was envious of him. He had found his mate a few years ago. Even though she had been taken away from him, he was getting a second chance with someone.

My father told me Nicolas was obsessed with his new wife. The few people that had attended the wedding- witnessed how happy Nicolas had looked.

Happiness was an emotion he hadn’t known since losing Isabelle.