Chapter 4 (Partners)

The morning came fast, the next thing I know Roxy is licking me all over my face as my alarm clock goes off. I put my hand out to stop her from licking me even more "Okay, okay I'm up" I say as I push myself out of bed.

Roxy looks at me with her big puppy dog eyes that she had mastered when she was little, and she starts to whine and tilt her head. I start to giggle "There's no need to beg girl," I say, I bend down and stroke the top of her head.

I stand up straight as I look over my blue and white room with vintage décor, and I walk over to my desk where I slung my backpack over the white chair. I get dressed in my favourite light blue distressed jeans and a white t-shirt.

I walk over to the side of my bed to pick up my copy of The Fault In Our Stars. Sometimes I wish that someone could love me like Augustus loves Hazel in the book, but my life isn't a storybook no matter how much I wish it is sometimes. I shove the book into my grey and white floral-patterned backpack, suddenly the smell of waffles and bacon overwhelm me. I slip my laptop into its case and make my way downstairs.

When I walk down the beautiful Victorian style stairs I see Alexa checking her Instagram as usual, and my Mom at the stove cleaning up, my Mom turns around when she hears me sit on the white stool, "Good morning Katy" she says.

Good morning" I say as I sit down to the left of my sister as I do every morning.

She raises her eyebrows slightly when I sit down next to her. "So, how was it last night Katy?" she asks.

I look down and see my pill and a glass of water. Before I answer her I down my medication and the glass of water. "It was fine," I say with a slight grin.

She looks at me with an expression that you might look at someone with when you know that they are lying, and she crosses her arms and smiles at me. "Okay tell me everything," she says.

I look at her and smirk "I'll tell you on the way to school" I say.

Alexa lets out a sigh "Well then hurry up and finish because I want to know everything" she says.

I laugh and nod my head, and we both dig into our waffles.

"Now girls to change the subject" my Mom babbles as I reach down to sneak Roxy a piece of my bacon, Alexa turns to look at me and she starts to giggle silently, I smile and put my index finger to my mouth and shush her silently.

My Mom turns around and puts her hands on my hips, and both Alexa and I sit up straight and look at her to hide our giggles.

"The end of year exams are coming up soon so I want you girls to be studying for at least one and a half hours every day," she says.

"Okay, I'm done," I say as I leave the kitchen.

Alexa's not far behind "I'm done too," she says as she follows me up the stairs.

I reach the bathroom before she does, and I turn around and cross my arms and glare at her as she enters the white marble bathroom "And by the way, I didn't get a good morning from you today" I say.

She smirks at me and slouches "Good morning" she says as she fluffs up my hair.

"Hey!" I say almost offended. Alexa just looks in her mirror and starts to giggle.

When my sister begins to giggle, or laugh, or even smile it can light up an entire room, I couldn't have asked for a better sister.

~

Before I can even get in the car Alexa has already shut the driver's seat door and buckled her seat belt. I walk around to the front passenger seat, I climb in and close the door.

Loving Katyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें