.Rise and Fall. (58)

|Chapter: 58|

"Don't you get tired of looking for high fives", a junior sang as he walk through the hallway. Yes school has re open and since I missed the smell of the books in the library and my classes, I am happy but I cannot say the same about Sarah.

"Yeah I am fucking tired of high fives and high school. Now get lost", she yelled at the junior kid. He scurried away but not before saying, "Crazy bitch."

I opened my locker and fished out the things I need for the first class. Nick overslept so I left him, it's not like he regret missing his classes anyway. Who am I kidding? He don't even attend them. When I turned to look at Sarah, I sighed. Her forehead rested on the locker next to mine and her eyes closed. I warned her last night not to drink so much but if only she'd have listen to me.

"Wake up Sar. You'll be late for your first class." I tried by shaking her shoulder slowly but she just spat my hand away.

"Get away from me you fly with Serena's voice", she grumbled, with her eyes still closed. Fly? She thinks I'm a freaking fly? The bell rang for the class to get started. Even though I didn't want to be late for my first day's first class after the break but I cannot leave my bestfriend like that. And a high possibility of getting detention was also there because it was Mr. Matt's class. Everything but tardiness is what he can't tolerate. It's like he has an obsession of punishing the late comers. But then Sarah...

Urg! Screw this.

"C'mon cooperate with me. Damn why do you have to be such a heavy drinker?", I complained as I helped her to the girl's washroom but it was more like me dragging her with her whole body weight on me.

"I loveee Zac. He is a bunny who poops rainbow Ser. I used to hate his guts but now he gives me butterflies in my stomach.... how did that even happen? I'll tell you someday", she murmured like she was talking in her sleep. She really was. And that story is something I'd like to hear someday. Seriously how did that happen, I mean month ago they were close to snatching each other's face in the library and I ended up getting hurt. The same day I saw Nick smile for the first time when he took me to the river. We were sitting on the wooden bridge and that was our moment, even if I was scared of him the whole time.

After all the difficulty we made it to the washroom and wasting no time, I splashed cold water on her face. Like I thought it worked. "What the actual fuck?", she screamed jumping away. "Why am I standing under a raining cloud?"

I face palmed. "It's no rain. I splashed water on you."

She rested her palms flatly on the tile hanging her head low, "What kind of sick bestfriend would do that unless is a dummy like you of course?"

I grinned at her when she looked up at me. "Well you were not even opening your eyes. So I thought I should wake you up before I take you to the nurse."

"Yeah. My head hurts like a bitch", she rubbed her temples.

I walked out of the medical room after I made sure she took a pill and get on the bed. We lied to the nurse by telling her Sarah is not feeling well otherwise she'd have kicked us both out if she knew she is only getting over her hangover. I even excahnged the pill when she wasn't looking. Sarah can really be pain in the ass sometimes but what can I do she is my bestfriend afterall.

I managed to make it to my class not only just late but fifteen minutes late. The moment I stood near the door, Mr. Matt stopped his lecture on the chromosomes and so did the class went deadly silent. It was my first time being late so I already guessed the reaction but now, it was too dramatic. Like seriously, I can be late and I'm a human too.