#3

Assalamu alaikum warahmathullahi wabarakatuh!

Hope you are all doing well and are ready for the third task. Well, are you?

Then go comment 'done' in the previous chapter.

Shoo shoo! Scroll up right now!

Did you do it? No? Yaar! Come on! Scroll up right away!

If you have, then (sorry😆) scroll down.

As you all remember (hopefully), the previous two tasks had been about maintaining a pleasant disposition (not with na mehram alright 😝) and now that we have sorta put it into practice, next comes the inside of us.

Yep, the very same mind and heart that's filled with rubbish and hate and pain and all other vices. We'd be getting down to cleaning it all now. The reason why this is to be our next task is because nothing good can come out of us trying to be good and doing good, when we already hold so much of unwanted and evil stuff within us. Our good deeds might be going into a leaky bucket and later when we reach the destination, we might be finding most of it gone, resulting in becoming losers. Na'udbillahi minha.

Speaking of all this have you ever wondered why shahadatayn goes like:

لآ اِلَهَ اِلّا اللّهُ مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُوُل اللّهِ

Translation:

There is no god except Allaah, and Muhammad is the Messenger of Allaah.

It is to be noted that shahadatayn starts with a negation and then goes on to confirm the truth (about Allaah). Meaning it shows us that we cannot really believe in Allaah when we have belief in other stuff that goes against the very principle of submitting completely to Allaah, i.e ascribing partners to Him or even believing others are capable of doing things that He alone can do. Falsehood is removed before instilling the truth.

We're going to be applying the same logic here.

In order to start practicing good things, we'd first be removing bad and evil stuff from within us and the very first thing we are going to be working on is removing from within us malice and hatred and anger and grudge. In short, ill feelings towards all.

Forgive them all.

I know... It gets quite difficult to forgive certain people sometimes, especially when they are incorrigible and are undeserving of our forgiveness, but in actuality, we are accomplishing nothing by holding things against them. We are, in reality harming ourselves, harming our souls, putting ourselves under extreme strain and even straining our relationship with Allaah. To the point that we break all the rules He has laid out while we are dealing with those sort of people.

We push Him and His laws and His pleasure aside.

Ask yourselves my dear fellow Muslims. Do you really want that?

Do you really want to feed on your ego by earning His displeasure? Are you sure about that?

Let me tell you an incident to make things even more clear, something that might help you in letting go of the ill feelings you hold in your heart.

The Messenger of Allaah (pbuh) was sitting with a group of the sahabah (RA) in the masjid and he said "A man will now enter [who is] from the people of Paradise", and a sahabi walked in. Later it happened again, and then a third time.

"Abdullah ibn 'Amr ibn al-'aas (RA) wanted to find out what was so special about this man, so he asked the man if he can stay over his house for 3 days. (He made up an excuse). The man allowed him to stay. 'Abdullah noticed that the man didn't do anything out of the ordinary: He didn't fast all the time, he slept some of the night and prayed some of the night, and so on. So after the 3 days, 'Abdullah told him the real reason why he requested to stay with him, and he asked him what it was that could be the reason why he was from the people of Jannah.

The man (RA) couldn't think of anything, but after a bit he said "Every night, before I go to sleep, I forgive whoever has wronged me. I remove any bad feelings towards anyone from my heart."

(Kitab al-Zuhd by Ibn al-Mubarak - Number 694 - Source).

This Hadith is also in Musnad Ahmad and is hasan according to some sources but weak according to others.

We cannot expect Allaah to forgive us for all that we have done when we cannot forgive people for all that they have done. Let that sink in.

Imagine your forgiveness being withheld from you on that day just because of your stupid ego and pride. *shudders*

We are all dependent on His forgiveness and mercy, no doubt about that but we also have to let go of things for our own selves. Don't let things pile up and engulf you.

Forget and forgive. Make up with those whom you have fought with. Start speaking to those whom you have stopped speaking with. Wish them and try to be good with them. He won't let your sacrifice go in vain, remember that.

Above all, try forgiving all those who have hurt you before going to bed every day.

Gradually this will lead you to forgiving all Insha'Allaah!

Believe me when I say that by forgiving them you are only emancipating yourself. Do it and for sure you'd experience a soaring feeling in your heart.

Forgive and let them all go.

Insha'Allaah I'd give you ample time for this

Insha'Allaah I'd give you ample time for this. Also, please try spreading the stuff that you are learning here for maximised effect. You could even take to posting every week the to-do list given in the updates. It would be sadqa-e-jariya for all of us.

See you soon 🤗

Assalamu alaikum warahmathullahi wabarakatuh!

*****