Twenty Five

"Do what you love"

O N W A R D S;

The New York skyline was exquisite at this time in the evening. Painted all over the sky was an assortment of oranges and pinks and a hint of blue. The lights from the surrounding buildings were beginning to make an appearance as they flickered on and off. At this time the hustle and bustle of the taxis lower down were somewhat quieter than during the day and during this peace Caleb sat on the roof of his penthouse apartment.

He could feel the wind whipping against his skin as he stared out into the distance. He hadn't been up here in awhile. When he'd first bought his apartment, he'd always come up here to think or just be alone but his crazy work schedule had gotten in the way of that but now he'd taken the time out to be here. He shook his head smiling as he sat down on the chair he'd placed. Beside him, on his left were his paints, he'd gone earlier today to buy new ones. He'd prepped and cleaned most of his paintbrushes and put his new white canvas on the stand.

He sighed enjoying the cool effect of the breeze, he'd rolled up the sleeves of his jacket and straightened his position on his chair to get a better angle. He looked out at the view he'd be painting. Somewhere lost; was a feeling Caleb hadn't felt in five years and now as he sat on the roof of his apartment he couldn't help but have the emotions running back to him. What it felt like to feel the brush in his hand— god why'd he ever stop.

He chose his first color carefully and with one deep breath he pressed the bristles to the canvas. His first brush stroke was soft, delicate that came horizontally across the page. He mixed three and four colors together and began to work. Now brushing furiously across the canvas in heated strokes, one after the other. The sunset almost done now mimicked exactly what the sky looked like and Caleb felt himself smile.

He leaned back in his seat and stared at his painting. He still couldn't believe it, five years later and he still got it. Shaking his head, he grinned to himself. He never thought he'd do that again but hell he was so happy he did.

 He never thought he'd do that again but hell he was so happy he did

~*~

I do not own the above image.

So Caleb has painted again!

*squeals* very loudly

Please Vote and Comment!

❤️