Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Khushi sat in the middle of the bed in her new room. The decorations were splendid, but Khushi's thoughts were not revolving around how beautiful the room looked in dim light and flowery fragrance. The whole day was spent in a rush and when now Khushi had time to collect her thoughts. She was reminded of what her mother told. It might hurt...Bear with it'. What will hurt? What should she bear?

Khushi has always been patient owing to her upbringing. She can do anything to preserve her relations, so that was least of her concern. Her primary worry was the thought that Arnav could hurt her. Over the past days she has grown accustomed to his affection and care. She began to trust him more than she trust all her family members put together. To think that he could do anything to hurt her was alien and unbelievable. If something of that sort happens, then Khushi couldn't get herself to trust ever again. So immersed was Khushi in her thoughts that she didn't notice when Arnav entered the room.

Arnav looked at his wife plunged in pool of thoughts and he frowned in worry. What was she thinking? Did someone bother her? Or is it just exhaustion after the tiring day?

"Khushi he called

Khushi lifted her head to look at her new husband. He sat near her slowly and lifted her veil. Khushi lowered her eyes when his eyes met hers.

"Khushi are you okay? he asked concerned.

Khushi nodded meekly, but her thoughts were still clouded. Arnav took her hand in his and kissed her palm. He could read her like a book and he was sure she was worried.

"Don't you want to change into something comfortable? Arnav asked. Khushi again nodded. He helped her get out of the bed. He bought night suit for her personally. Plain suits. Though Khushi later changed various patterns and styles of night wears, Arnav just loved her plain suits. She looked extremely cute in those. Arnav changed into his  black tracks and a plain T-shirts. He was so used to sleeping in his boxers off late but he knew his naive Khushi will be scandalised to the idea unlike his old Khushi who appreciated his almost bare form.

When Khushi came out of the washroom, Arnav was already in the right side of the bed leaning on the bed post with his phone in his hand. She sat near him hesitantly.

"I know you are tired. Arnav said keeping the phone aside. "Sleep, Khushi. I am sure there are more rituals tomorrow

Khushi didn't believe his words. She was still waiting for the hurt' part. Arnav adjusted the pillow the way she liked it and insisted her to lie down. When Khushi was still lost looking at him he asked if she was uncomfortable.

"Ji?

"Khushi if you are not comfortable then I will sleep on the couch Arnav was about to get out of the bed but Khushi stopped him.

She lay on the bed comfortably facing him and Arnav followed. A small smile adored their faces looking at each other. Arnav took her hand in his and held it close to his heart.

"I am sure I am going to sleep well after many days he said. Khushi blushed as he followed it with a brief peck. They wished each other good night and slept peacefully.
_

*_*_

Khushi woke up alone in the bed. She had a mini heart attack, when she noticed the time. Never in her life has she woken up at 9 O' clock. First day in her in-laws house and she is already going to get in their bad books. Khushi in record time took bath and got ready in an orange saree selected for the first day in the house. Before she could go down to living room, Payal entered the room.

"Khushi I am surprised you are already awake teased Payal. "But of course I am sure you are tired after last night's activities Khushi looked at Payal confused. "By the way Khushi, did you guys use protection or are you already planning to have babies?

"JiJi Khushi blushed

Soon Arnav entered and payal asked them to come down soon and left.

"I am sorry Arnavji. I know I should have woken up early and prepared food for family. I don't know how I slept till late. I know everyone must be angry now.

"Khushi Arnav sighed and lifted her head to look at him "No one is angry on you. I wanted you to sleep in late as I know you were tired. It is not a crime Khushi

"But Naani..

"Naani would have been angry only if you would have ignored your health and woken up early. As far as cooking is concerned, we have servants for that. Naani did say there is a ritual of new daughter in law cooking. I have already spoken with her. All you have to do is fry the first poori, others cook will take care

Khushi was not convinced even after Arnav's assuring words. Raizadas greeted her with smile and they didn't seem angry. She was receiving glares from Guptas only. Guptas insisted on returning soon after the wedding, but Naani insisted that they all must be tired and should return only after good rest and food.

"What were you thinking sleeping till so late? scolded Garima in Khushi's ears as soon as they both were out of others' sight

Before Khushi could reply or Garima could scold more, Arnav held Khushi by her hand and took her to the kitchen. "I am going to see how my wife cooks in the kitchen he declared making Raizadas chuckle and Guptas frown.

By the time it was afternoon and Guptas left back to Lucknow, Khushi felt she was already home. She will miss her parents, but she was sure she will be happier here. Khushi still didn't figure out what hurt' Garima talked about. When her mom questioned her again about it Khushi replied, "Arnavji can never hurt me.

Khushi was arranging her clothes in her own wardrobe and Arnav stood leaning on the door watching his beautiful wife doing even small core with utter concentration. Khushi clapped her hands together and smiled,Perfect. Arnav stood behind her and held her shoulder. "My wardrobe, room and life everything is perfect. He said kissing Khushi's forehead.

They moved to the small coffee table in balcony, where Hari Prakash has already placed coffee for them both.

"I will make black coffee for you with my own hands tomorrow

"Would love that

Arnav questioned Khushi again if she was comfortable. "Uff ho Arnavji I am very happy and very comfortable. Stop asking this question

Arnav chuckled. He leaned forward and held her hand. "Khushi whenever you have any doubts or confusions you should come to me. Now that we are married it is we against the world. Raizada name has been famous since the time of my nanaji. So, it is natural media always poke in our life, we will have rivals, they will try to harm us. But we should stay strong together. I know I can always trust you. I want you to know that you can always trust me.

"Arnavji I trust you. I don't know how, but I trust you more than I ever trusted even my own parents

"Thank you Khushi for coming into my life

"Thank you Arnavji for marrying me

_*_*_

Important note
1. My Wattpad book "Arshi One Shots" is where I post one shots. So follow that if interested

2. My ArShi FF " Girl Friday" is available in Indiaforums. Novel length story,  50 plus chapter.  Check out if intrested