XIX

Jisung wore a suit he hadn't worn in ages, it was black, like he was attending a funeral, which was exactly what he was doing.

The night before, Chan told the others they'd be going to Incheon the next day, they nodded but asked why,
"We're attending a funeral," Chan answered, "Hyunjin's sister and Jisung's bestfriend's funeral." The boys looked apologetic at the two boys. "We'll be leaving at eight so get up early." Chan sighed and walked to his room.

Jisung wore the ring he'd bought and held the box containing it's partner, along with his letter. The boys sat in the car as the drove to his hometown, in silence. They stopped by a flower shop, Jisung bought a bouquet of Eunjin's favourite flowers, chamomile, she loved their scent, the way the looked, and the relaxing tea they produced, everything about them, she thought were perfect.

When they arrived in Incheon, the first place they went wasn't the cemetery, it was Eunjin and Ji-U's shared apartment. Hyunjin knocked on the door, waiting for his brother to answer. Ji-U eventually did answer. Hair, messy and greasy, he had eye bags and looked more or less like a zombie. Jisung sighed,
"Wash up, I know organising a funeral is a big task but please, you don't want Eunjin to see you like this do you?" Ji-U nodded and took a shower after letting eight other boys into his home. He thought it was quite lonely without Eunjin, she always seemed to make the apartment more lively. Ji-U washed his face and did his best to cover up his dark under-eyes with Eunjin's concealer.

When he came back out, he was wearing his dark suit and held a shoebox in his hands.
"Let's go, I guess." Was all he said.

Eunjin's body was already at the burial site, Ji-U couldn't afford a hearse. The funeral was private, friends and family only plus the people who had to burry the body. The ten boys got out of the van, one by one.
The first thing Jisung noticed was that there were no adults, apart from the burial people, the eight other boys, including Hyunjin seemed to notice as well.
"Before you all ask, 'where are the adults?' our mother died, saving Eunjin from a drunk driver who hadn't stopped at the red light and our father died of exhaustion, he worked himself to death, trying to earn enough so we'd be able to live a comfortable life, although the life we lived was comfortable enough. We told him to take a break but it was too late." Ji-U sighed, Hyunjin was extremely shocked, both his parents passed with him knowing, he felt like the worst child a parent could have.

Hyunjin was the first to talk to Eunjin. Jisung didn't really pay attention, he was too busy grieving at the loss of his best friend slash girlfriend who he never actually got together with. Hyunjin placed a letter into the coffin before backing away from the body. Ji-U walked up to the body, crying. He mumbled a few words but Jisung couldn't make out what he said, he placed the shoebox into the coffin before it was Jisung's turn. He hesitantly walked to the coffin and saw Eunjin, in her eternal slumber, she looked somewhat peaceful, excluding the fact that she had a massive scar running down her neck, where he assumed where her surgery was.
"I'm sorry I broke our promise. If it weren't for me, you'd probably still be here today.

I could've made you the happiest girl in the world but instead, I left you to achieve my own silly dreams when the life I had with you when we were younger was perfect. I'll miss you. I promise to look after your brothers, after hearing of your parent's passing I couldn't help but imagine what you and Ji-U had to go through.
Here, I wish I could have given this to you sooner but time is a curse." Jisung opened the ring box and slid the ring with his initials onto the girls soft finger, he placed the letter into the coffin before returning back to the others.

Ji-U gave the signal to close the coffin and lower the body into the ground. 'It must be so hard for him, he has no-one left.' Jisung thought.

When the coffin had been lowered, Jisung grabbed a shovel and started to cover the wooded box with dirt.

When the all the dirt had been replaced, Jisung placed the bouquet of chamomile flowers in front of the headstone and started singing.

"Bogo sipda" He started,
"ireohge Malhanikka deo bogo sipda" a few others joined,
"Neohui sajineul
Bogo isseodo bogo sipda
Neomu yasokhan sigan
Naneun uriga mipda
Ijen eolgul han beon boneun geosdo
Himdeureojin uriga" by now, everyone has started singing, while simultaneously crying,

"Yeogin ontong gyeoul ppuniya
Palworedo gyeouri wa
Maeumeun siganeul dallyeogane
Hollo nameun seolgugyeolcha
Ni son japgo jigu
Bandaepyeonkkaji ga
Gyeoureul kkeutnaegopa
Geuriumdeuri
Eolmana nuncheoreom naeryeoya
Geu bomnari olkka
Friend" Jisung and a few others rapped, his sobs still audible,

"Heogongeul tteodoneun
Jageun meonjicheoreom
Nallineun nuni naramyeon
Jogeum deo ppalli nege
Daheul su isseul tende

Nunkkocci tteoreojyeoyo
Tto jogeumssik meoreojyeoyo
Bogo sipda (bogo sipda)
Eolmana gidaryeoya
Tto myeot bameul deo saewoya
Neol boge doelkka (neol boge doelkka)
Mannage doelkka (mannage doelkka)" they harmonised.

"Chuun gyeoul kkeuteul jina
Dasi bomnari ol ttaekkaji
Kkot piul ttaekkaji
Geugose jom deo meomulleojwo
Meomulleojwo"

"Niga byeonhan geonji
(niga byeonhan geonji)
Animyeon naega byeonhan geonji
(animyeon naega byeonhan geonji)
I sungan heureuneun siganjocha miwo
Uriga byeonhan geoji mwo
Moduga geureon geoji mwo

Geurae mipda niga
Neon tteonassjiman
Dan harudo neoreul
Ijeun jeogi eopseossji nan
Soljikhi bogo sipeunde
Iman neoreul jiulge
Geuge neol wonmanghagibodan
Deol apeunikka" The rappers and singers rapped/sung.

"Sirin neol bureonae bonda
Yeongicheoreom hayan yeongicheoreom
Malloneun jiunda haedo
Sasil nan ajik neol bonaeji moshaneunde

Nunkkocci tteoreojyeoyo
Tto jogeumssik meoreojyeoyo
Bogo sipda (bogo sipda)
Eolmana gidaryeoya
Tto myeot bameul deo saewoya
Neol boge doelkka (neol boge doelkka)
Mannage doelkka (mannage doelkka)"

"You know it all
You're my best friend
Achimeun dasi ol geoya
Eotteon eodumdo eotteon gyejeoldo
Yeongwonhal sun eopseunikka" Jisung's sobbing singing voice had gotten louder, as she really was his best friend, and she really did know it all.

"Beojkkocci pinabwayo
I gyeouldo kkeuti nayo
Bogo sipda(bogo sipda)
Jogeumman gidarimyeon
Myeochil bamman deo saeumyeon
Mannareo galge (mannareo galge)
Derireo galge (derireo galge)

Chuun gyeoul kkeuteul jina
Dasi bomnari ol ttaekkaji
Kkot piul ttaekkaji
Geugose jom deo
Meomulleojwo
Meomulleojwo" as they ended, the burial people applauded them,
"Great job kids, I'm sorry for the loss of your friend, but we have to get going." The man said, the tennagers nodded and the men left.

The boys had a minute of silence before heading back to Ji-U's apartment to eat.