Epilogue

Disclaimer: Not BBC, Johnny Capps, Julian Murphy.

Fore A/N: YAY HERE WE GO GUYS, the epilogue!

:

Epilogue

:

Quite miraculously, and most beautifully, life continued normally in Camelot.

Arthur, his shoulder now back to perfect health, resumed his duty as the Regent of the kingdom in the absence of his father and fell back to his routine of training his Knights and coming to council meetings. And Merlin, with his ankle fully healed after one more day rest, got back to serve in the royal household, being Arthur's most trusted advisor, and of course, being back to the receiving end of Arthur's sarcastic comments about how clumsy the brunet could be.

Which he always replied with his equally sassy remarks. And a magic prank, for good measure.

Merlin was now allowed to perform tiny sorceries to help him. Lighting the fireplace, washing Arthur's numerous socks that he didn't even want to get close by anymore because it honestly smelled like dead rats sometimes, other domestic tasks.

Arthur couldn't lift the ban from the kingdom just yet. To do that, they would need to break the truth to Uther—tell him that his son's most trusted friend and one of the most closest individual to the heart of the dynasty was a sorcerer, show him that there was only evil in the wielder of the magic crafts – in the hearts of men, and not in the sorcery itself—and so many other dangerous things that could go wrong with the King's condition like that and a deranged sorceress like Morgana roaming the woods, acting as the epitome of the full power of sorcery. Merlin knew it would be a great journey from what they've got now, and he knew Arthur would need him by his side to show Camelot the truth, so he reserved to his duty as Arthur's most trusted advisor.

:

The first time Merlin was allowed to perform magic upon Arthur's approval, the blonde's jaw was hanging.

A large storm was raging outside that evening, and it was all Merlin could do to keep the room warm enough. Arthur had just finished his dinner and Merlin rose from where he was sitting on the other side of the room, tidying the Prince's bed, to gather the dirty plates back to the Royal Kitchen.

The two of them was unusually quiet that day but Merlin knew they were thinking of the same thing. Another storm, seemingly a lifetime away. A well, and raindrops pooling around their legs, rising to their thighs on an enormous speed. Arthur's sword on his gut, and the blonde's arms on his legs, lifting him up.

Merlin must've imagined it, but for a moment, a dull prick shot up from his ankle. On the other side of the room, Merlin caught Arthur subtly gave a slight flex on his shoulder.

A thunder cracked outside and the sound of silverware against the floor echoed in the room. Merlin just dropped the wine jug.

"Oh no, forgive me," Merlin gasped, quickly falling to his knees to wipe the red wine off the floor.

He could feel the heat spreading up from his neck as he sensed Arthur's eyes on him. Several moments passed as Merlin busied himself to wipe the floor clean with a piece of cloth before Arthur asked the question.

Merlin couldn't believe his ears the first time he heard it.

"Why don't you use magic?"

Merlin looked up, with a dumb expression that must be written all over his face. "What?"

"Why don't you use magic? It's taking you forever to wipe it clean," Arthur elaborated, leaning to the wall on his shoulder in a boyish fashion, as though what he had just suggested was something out of common sense instead of a crime punishable by death by Uther's decree.