Split

My head was spinning.

It's okay Rinnie. Breathe.

You're just stuck in this ridiculously ginornous musuem with a grumpy jerk.

With no map.

It's okay. TOTALLY fine. Breathe!

"I didn't take the map," I stated and tried to be calm.

"WHY THE HELL DIDN'T YOU TAKE IT?!" Yoongi yelled. I jolted slightly. His words echoed through the quiet hallway.

Did this idiot just scream at me? Isn't this OUR fault?!

My blood boiled.

"This isn't my fault! Both of us didn't take the map!" I tried to scream to be as mad as I could but truthfully, I was scared of Yoongi. The way he yelled at me reminded me of when the person in charge of the orphanage yelled at me for trying to run away.

I was shaking with fear and anger. I couldn't decide which feeling was more important at this moment.

"Why is someone as stupid as you on this planet?!" Yoongi lowered his voice but it was colder and dripped with anger.

"Maybe, if you didn't spend so much time sleeping, we wouldn't be here right now!" I finally got the courage to scream. It felt good. I hadn't screamed in forever.

"NO WONDER YOUR PARENTS GAVE YOU UP TO THE ORPHANAGE!" Yoongi shouted. I froze. My heart started sinking bit by bit.

He brought up my parents. How did he know?

You're wrong Min Yoongi. You're wrong. My parents died in a car crash. You're wrong. They loved me... Didn't they?

Tears started forming and they dripped down my face.

No, Jae Rin! Don't cry now! Be strong!

Tears continued flowing down my face. Yoongi's glare faltered the moment the first year dropped.

"Jae Rin... I didn't m-" Yoongi tried to grabbed my wrist but I took a step back. I wiped my tears with the back of my hand but more fell. Yoongi took a step forward and I took a step backwards. It was hard to see through my tears.

I felt utterly miserable. Maybe Eomma and Appa did leave me because I was useless.

Our footsteps echoed through the walls as Yoongi kept trying to get close while I backed away.

"Stay away from me," I whispered. It was deafening due to the silence.

And with those last words, I took off. I didn't know where. I just had to run.

I heard Yoongi's footsteps behind me and his yells but I kept going.

I didn't need his help to get out.

***

Hours passed. I was extremely dehydrated and tired. The more I tried to find my way back, the more I got lost. I tried looking for other people but to no avail.

I wonder if Yoongi's out...

I shook my head to rid myself of those thoughts. Finally, I gave up. My eyes hurt and so did my feet. I backed up against a random wall. It would be my friend for now. That sounded lonely. I tucked my knees under my chin.

Rest Jae Rin. You can wake up in 5 minutes. 5 minutes...

***

"Jae Rin... Wake up... Please?" a warm and comforting voice penetrated my slumber. I blinked my eyes open sleepily and came face to face with Min Freaking Yoongi. Relief flooded me.

A part of me was glad that he hadn't made it out yet. That meant that I wasn't alone in this big scary place. I was so thankful that he found me. Before I could stop myself, I hugged the jerk. He gasped a bit as I wrapped my arms around his build. His scent of sweet roses engulfed me in comfort.

"Thank you," my voice was muffled because my face was buried in his shirt. Realising what I had done, I pulled away awkwardly. Yoongi sat down beside me in shock.

"Sorry. I was kind of stuck here for a while. Thanks for finding me," I thanked him. Yoongi flashed me a gummy smile. My heart fluttered before melting. The smile was gone as soon as it appeared.

"Now what?" I asked. Yoongi shrugged.

"We wait for them to find us," he suggested.

"How?" I prompted.

"There's something amazing called CCTV cameras. I'm sure they would have already realised we were gone and are coming to find us," Yoongi assured me.

"Yah! Don't touch that! You might break it!" Jin's voice echoed. I sat up straighter.

"Do you think...?" I looked at Yoongi. He nodded and stood up. He offered me a hand to help me up.

Such a gentleman. Wait. Rinnie. Weren't you mad at him just hours ago?

I placed my small hand in his hand. Our hands were pretty much meant for each other. His grasp on me tightened as he pulled me up.

"Yah! Why are you so heavy?" Yoongi whined. I sent him a death glare.

"Shut up," I growled. A side of Yoongi's lips tilted up in a smirk. I let go of Yoongi's hand and we ran towards the direction Jin's voice came from.

"Yoongi hyung!" Jungkook's chirpy voice called out. Yoongi and I were squished together as the members embraced us in a group hug. We were quickly released from the hug and I gasped for air.

"Where were you?!" Jimin demanded. Yoongi and I remained silent so Jimin dropped the question.

"Hey... Where's Namjoon?" I suddenly realised that he wasn't here. Suddenly, a loud crash followed by someone saying "Oops," was heard.

Jin facepalmed himself.

"I think I know where he is," Jin sighed.

***

The members and I were having dinner at a fancy restaurant. It was just the eight of us as the manager trusted us to be alone.

It was a rectangular table with four seats on each side. Jimin was opposite Jungkook, Jin was opposite Namjoon, Hoseok was opposite Taehyung and I was opposite Yoongi. Taehyung was beside me and if I moved forward by an inch, Yoongi's and my knees would be touching.

Everyone was chatting merrily. Yoongi talked once in a while. But I remained silent. The events of what happened replayed in my head.

After dinner, everyone retreated back to their hotel rooms.

Feeling tired, I decided to take a nice warm bath. Before I headed into the bathroom, Yoongi grabbed my hand. I swivelled around with a questioning look. Yoongi looked at the ground before a slight blush crept up his pale cheeks.

"I'm sorry for what I said at the museum," Yoongi apologised as he stared into my eyes. I was taken aback. I managed a small nod.

"It's okay," I mumbled quietly. Yoongi released my hand and returned to his bed.

As soon as I shut and locked the bathroom door, I released a breath I didn't even know I was holding. I held a hand over my pounding heart.

Min Yoongi had just apologised to me. A small smile lit up my face.