XII¤ Family Secrets

You will encounter mistakes so sorry about that. It’s late and I’m too lazy to edit:{ Still, EnjoyXD

XII

Dean walks to Ael and grabs his arm. Ael growls and hisses. I stop dean by grabbing his hand.

“Do not touch him.”

“This thing isn’t supposed to be outside.” He tells me.

“Why not?”

When he loosens his grip I rip his hand away from Ael’s arm. Ael hides behind me and the black tigers walk in front of us in a protective stance. Dean takes a few steps back as a result.

Dante has been quiet… though he has been staring at Ael for a while. My chest feels tight…

“Dante?” I call out his name as he walks up to us. The tigers seem to lower their guards as he approaches.

For a second I thought he was walking up to me but he walked up to Ael.

Dante lifts his chin and looks at him. Ael shakes, probably from fear.

“Who is he dean?”

“He is no one. I will take him to father.”

“You will not.” Dante commands.

“But Dante! He is… bloody hell!”

“He is what dean?”

“He’s an abomination!”

“Christopher, where did you find him?”

“In a room. It was locked.” I reply.

“Why didn’t I know about this boy living in my own house?” he raises his voice to dean.

“Father said you didn’t need to know.”

“Father… why would he do such a thing? When did he bring the boy in my home?”

“Father put this boy in that room before you inherited the mansion.”

Dante looks back at Ael. Ael seems to have calmed. His heart beat has decreased and is now beating in a steady pace.

“How old are you?” Dante asks. His voice is caring. This is the first time I hear such a caring sound come from is lips.

Ael’s heart skips a beat and that gets my attention.

“F-fourteen.” He stutters and looks elsewhere avoiding Dante’s gaze. I know the feeling. Those eyes are intense. It is as if they look into your soul; trying to find answers.

“Still young. Fredrick, take this boy and bathe him. After; show him his new room.”

“Please don’t take me away!” he cries out; hiding behind me once again.

“It is alright, I trust Fredrick fully. He will take care of you.” I assure him.

He hesitantly nods. He looks at Fredrick and walks to him. Fredrick slightly bows his head and leads ael inside.

I decide to sit back down. A tiger comes to my side and lays down. How odd.

I stroke its fur and I hear it purr. I lean on the beautiful creature.

“Dean, what is that boy?” Dante asks slowly but it’s somewhat frightening. Dean must be as frightened as a cat when spooked.

Dean signs, “It is time I’ve told you the truth, brother. Father will smite me if he ever finds out.” He mutters the last part. At first it sounded like he was being sarcastic. Dean is like that so I wasn’t going to pay much attention to his reply.