〖Chapter 7 | Chained〗

On a typical night like any other, I enjoyed my husband's and my son's company while we watched this dumb show called about a redhead living in a bunker for 15 years and then experiencing New York for the first time. As we watched I had this discomfort sensation, and sense that someone was watching us, but I mostly ignored.

After a few episodes we all went to bed, I put my kid to bed, said good night and joined my husband in bed, and chatted for a few minutes until we both fell asleep. A few hours have passed after I felt someone cover my mouth with its leathery hand, while I was trying to scream, I couldn't quite make out of the figure in front of me holding me hostage, but then saw that grabbed my lamp and hit my head with it and I blacked out.

Next thing I know I laying unconscious on the floor of my basement, with chains around my neck that were also chained to a pillar in the middle of the basement. I looked all around but everything was pitch black. Suddenly I heard noises coming from upstairs, footsteps mostly, pacing back and forth, until the footsteps come to a halt, and I head a new sound, the sound of a crow, but it wasn't upstairs that I kept hearing the crow, it was in the basement, I couldn't figure out where it came from, but then silence grew.

2 spotlights appeared in front of me, shining down on my husband and my son, blindfolded with their hands tied and kneeling in front of me. Then a voice in the background said to me "Only one can go on with you, and one must stay with me forever, you must decide their faiths."
I was at that moment speechless, not knowing what to do, not knowing what to say, only desperation keeping me sane.
The voice said to me once again "You are bound to choose eventually..."
And I replied "Why are you doing this to me?!", there was silence for a few seconds and the voice spoke: "You only love one of them, which makes the other pointless in life, besides they'll be better off without you.... so who will it be?"

Next thing I saw is two black hands appear between my husband and my son, one hand on each of their shoulders, he said "If you don't pick now I'll have to take them both away from you.", panic started to grow more and more until I said. "Let my kid live..."

The light above my son turned off and now both of the hands were on my husband, but one hand had a knife that shined bright red, and he proceeded to slit his throat slowly, but blood wasn't spilling everywhere, it was some sort of vapor or gas white as snow coming out of him rising to the ceiling.

Next thing I know I wake up on my bed, with an awful headache, and just thinking that it was all a bad dream, and then I turn over to see my husband, and I see his neck slit open....with blood dripping down his neck to the blood covered sheets....