6

C A L I F O R N I A 10 ᴘᴍ

C A L I F O R N I A
10 ᴘᴍ

After eating dinner, Jungkook decided that they would spend the rest of their day a little more traditionally. They all sat outside, in his backyard, trying to keep warm in the cold, winter weather.

"How many damn lights do you own?" Jimin muttered as he helped Jungkook wrap the golden Christmas lights around the outside stairs.

"I spend hours doing this alone every winter, so I'm thankful ya'll are here to help me." Jungkook smiled at Sora and Jimin.

"And we're happy to help." Sora squeezed his shoulder.

"M-miss, can you lift me up s-so I can reach the table." Amina, the six year old asked.

Sora gently lifted Amina from under her arms, as she set one of the tree ornaments on the table. She knelt beside her, looking at the odd decoration.

"It's beautiful." Sora poked her tiny nose.

"Thank you!" Amina giggle, before running off to play with Chul.

Faye sat on the outdoor couch, watching Jungkook and Sora and feeling regretful. It still pained her to see him so kind and loving towards someone else. She wanted to become someone else, someone her husband would love endlessly.

"Jimin."

"What, I'm busy." He muttered as Sora approached him.

"I think something's wrong with Faye." She looked over her shoulder.

"And—?" He shrugged his shoulders.

"Should I talk to her?"

"Why are you asking me?" Jimin muttered under his breath.

"Asshole." Sora thought to herself as she walked towards the white wraparound couch outside.

"Hey babe, how are you?" Sora sat beside Faye, who gave a small smile.

"I'm doing fine, glad you all are here."

"I'm glad to have met you guys also." Sora grabbed a glass of wine. "You know, Jimin and I were dreading spending Christmas alone with each other, so we couldn't deny the offer of coming to California."

"Really?" Faye raised a brow.

"Yeah, we love this place—

"No, I mean, you didn't want to spend Christmas with each other?" She crossed her legs.