Chapter 6

My fingers traced the railing of the boat as it sped towards the large sized, private island. I had only been to the Western Isles once or twice. I was a barely a child back then however, so my memories deceived me when it came to the beauty of the island. The twins would've loved this.
     Surprisingly, I was able to keep a fair amount of distance between Genevieve and I since we boarded earlier this morning. After that stunt she pulled a day ago, I wasn't taking any chances. Thankfully, the condo Maribella booked was said to be quite spacious. This meant it would be easier to keep this distance I have become comfortable with between my so called wife and I.
     Soon the island was visible and we began to prepare for docking. I grabbed my suitcase along with my book that I held close the my chest, and made my way towards the dock. Genevieve trailed behind me with her her belongings, never once making an attempt to speak with me.
     Instead of being happy about this, I was more so confused. She forces herself on me one moment, and avoids me the next. Like she can't decide if she wants to mouth rape me or leave me growing curious on what her next actions may be. If this was so, her plan is working. What she doesn't know is that I have a plan as well, and that is to stay as far from her as possible and enjoy myself over these next two weeks without her bothering me. This time I mean it.
     We were minutes away from walking into the main building of the estate when I received a phone call. It was from none other than my dear mess of a best friend.

     "Did you make it yet?" Aleah asked anxiously over the phone.

     "Yes and before you ask, it's quite lovely." I replied. "You and I will have to come with the twins out here one day for a girls' trip."

     "So, What's the plan exactly? Where are the two of you going first?"

    "I have absolutely no idea as far as what we may do while we are here, other than there being some nice restaurants and a beach. That was all Belle told me at least. I'm sure I will be able to fill in some of our time here with reading, but I'm not too sure what Genevieve has in mind." I told her, making sure to keep my voice down and away from prying ears. "I'm sure whatever is it I won't be interested."

     "Aw what Aless? No sex on the beach?" She giggled over the phone.

     "Absolutely not." I answered.

     "At least do it somewheres exciting."

     "We are not 'doing it' anywheres, Aleah." I scolded her. "I'll have to let you go, we need to check in."

     "Fine, send me pictures. Preferably ones with your clothes on." She said and hung up the phone.
     We walked through the doors, into the large lobby. Centered in the room was a reception desk that sat an older gentleman in a grey suit. His eyes seemed to be almost colorless, as he typed away on the computer in front of him.

     "Reservations for Cromwell please." Genevieve spoke to the man.

     "Ah yes, the newlyweds. You're condo is on a private section of the island. You and your luggage will be taken there by golf cart. I just need you to sign here as proof of reservation." He said, handing her a pen and paper.
     Behind us, two younger men gathered our suitcases and escorted us out front where the carts were parked. After being helped on and buckled in, we drove off on a side road that traced the island's edge. I looked out to the ocean and watched as other people, probably tourist, strolled along the beach.
     I felt a gentle hand grab mine causing me to drag my eyes away from the beauty of our surroundings. I looked at Genevieve who had turned away before I could make eye contact. Perhaps she was scared of being on the golf cart or something, we were going quite fast. I decided to ignore her touch and went back to gazing over the beautiful island.
     Not long after, we pulled up to a large beach house that sat on the water. Not exactly what I would call a condo. I unbuckled myself and one of the young men held my hand as I stepped down. He was rather good looking, dark hair with green eyes. Smiling as I retracted my hand, I turned to receive a straight look of jealousy from Genevieve.
      They led us inside and placed our luggage on the side of the kitchen counter. The room was well furnished with extravagant pieces of art hanging on the walls.