Bonus Chapter: Can I help you?

*Takes place in chapter three and four.*

Nathan's POV:

The pub was packed and I was becoming more and more annoyed by the amount of people bombarding me with orders. I just wanted my shift to be over so I could talk to my brother about my situation. Although, I had no idea how I was going to bring it up at an appropriate time seeing as he was inviting one of his friends to the dinner.

They were probably some tortured screenwriter like my brother who also happens to have the flair for dramatics. I groaned at the thought.

Even over all the chatter, I heard the front door's chime sound as somebody walked in. Hopefully, it was Darian.

I was fixing up a drink for the grumpy old man who was a friend of my boss's when a small, feminine voice sounded over all the harsh masculine ones. "I'll have a whatever is on tap, please."

"Coming right up," I said, reaching for a lever. She didn't specific which tap beer she wanted, so I settled for a personal favourite. I filled it up and placing it on a white napkin that rested on the countertop. I looked up and smirked at the beautiful girl in front of me. "Anything else I can do for you?"

Her vibrant green eyes flashed with annoyance but she didn't say anything as she shook her head no.

I smiled to myself as I turned back to the grumpy old man who already finished the whiskey I had just given him and demanded another one. When I was finished serving him, I leaned back on the counter behind me and crossed my arms as I watched the woman in front of me. She kept staring out the window, as if she was waiting for someone and that annoyed me more than I annoyed her only moments before.

She took a small sip of her drink before she noticed me staring and her rolled her eyes. "Can I help you?"

"Feisty, I like that," I mused with a smirk.

She flipped her honey blonde hair over her shoulders as she narrowed her eyes. Man, if looks could kill, I'd be dead twice. "Shouldn't you be doing your job?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "There's other things I could be doing," I finished with a wink.

To my right, I could see the man was done with his second whiskey, so I started pouring him a third. "Got a name?"

The blonde thought to herself for a moment, taking another sip of her drink before she responded. "Audrey."

Trying to hide my surprise that she'd actually give me her name, I grinned wickedly. "Nathan."

"Lovely," Audrey responded, not sounding at all amused.

Man, I just wished she'd crack a smile. I think she would have a pretty one.

The door to the pub opened and Darian walked in, looking upset. Audrey turned to my brother and her once annoyed look turned into one of concern. "Is everything okay?"

My brother nodded his head. "Uh, yeah. I think so."

I looked back and forth between the two of them, trying to figure out if  they knew one another or if Audrey was just so concerned about my brother, despite not knowing him, she'd strike a conversation up with him just to avoid talking to me.