83.2

Wei Luo tried to pull her hand way, but didn't succeed. It was so strange. He was already injured, how did he have the strength to grab her hand? Her pink lips pursed. Her little arrogant manner was both lovable and dislikable, "I didn't say that. If big brother can't recover from his injuries, how can you come to my house to propose marriage? My daddy and Chang Hong definitely wouldn't agree to me marrying an invalid."

She said he was an invalid. The blue veins on Zhao Jie's forehead bulged. This was related to a man's dignity. She shouldn't casually slander it. However, after thinking, he had second thoughts. She was willing to let him go to Duke Ying's residence to propose marriage. Didn't this mean she was agreeing?

A smile appeared in Zhao Jie's dark eyes. His thins lips couldn't resist jumping up again and again into a smile. He held the little girl's hand and didn't loosen his hold for a long time. He slowly and quietly said, "Okay, this prince will properly recuperate. When its time, I'll come to Duke Ying's residence to propose marriage."

His eyes were too gentle and contained affection that was too heavy. Wei Luo couldn't bear seeing it. She wasn't used to it. She turned her head and said, "If there's nothing else, I'm leaving."

Zhao Jie looked at her and didn't seem to have the intention of letting her go, "Stay here and talk with this prince for a bit."

But, what was there to say? He was currently injured. The doctor had already said he should be resting. Wouldn't talking waste his energy? Wei Luo stared at him. She opened and closed her mouth. Just as she was about to speak, Zhao Liuli walked out from behind the divider screen that was made of twelve red sandalwood panels.

Liuli's eyes landed on Zhao Jie's hand holding Wei Luo’s hand. She stopped walking, slightly embarrassedly smiled, and said to Zhao Jie, "Imperial older brother... I came here to say that imperial mother has come. She also brought older cousin Dan Yang."

Wei Luo subconsciously took back her hand.

It wasn't because she had a guilty conscience. It was only that things hadn't taken shaped yet, so she didn't want Empress Chen to misunderstand her.

Zhao Jie's hand was suddenly empty. The emotion on his face couldn't be clearly seen. He furrowed his eyebrows and said, "Why did Gao Dan Yang come here?"

Zhao Liuli looked at Wei Luo, then she innocently looked at him. "I don't know either... It's probably because she heard that you were injured, so she came here to see you..."

-------

A little while later, from Jin courtyard's verandah, as expected, Gao Dan Yang could be seen supporting Empress Chen with one hand as they hurriedly walked over here.

When Empress Chen found out that her son had been injured, she couldn't care about anything else. She stopped what she was currently working on and immediately left the palace to come visit him. At that time, Gao Dan Yang was coincidentally at her side. Hearing that Zhao Jie was injured, she was very concerned and earnestly asked Empress Chen to bring her along. Empress Chen thought they were very close as children and were childhood sweethearts, so she agreed.

Empress Chen didn't have time to change her clothes. She was dressed in red top embroidered with a hundred good luck symbols and an imperial jade green skirt with dragons and clouds. She looked luxurious and graceful. Because she was worried, her usual calmness had been replaced with franticness. Next to her, Gao Dan Yang was wearing an entirely cochineal red summer robe with golden embroidery. Although Gao Dan Yang looked calm, the hand inside her sleeve was tightly clenched. She seemed very worried about Zhao Jie.

(T/N: Below is a picture of Empress Chen’s top.)

)