5 times

Requested by JaelaBurrito, seconded by the 9th Circle of Hell... God wash my sins for writing this.
Fluff with a side of angst, so Ellie spoke. But I'm afraid I only did a side of fluff, not quite though.
Story told on Zazie's POV because I don't care about what Jenifer might think.

When you reach the age of 50 like I have this year, it feels like you're on the downing slope of love. Men look sexier with their silver hair, they know it, and they go looking for younger ladies to attract so you're left with nothing else to try to seduce but the 30 year-old boys who only look at you with disgust.

I've had many relationships in my time. Some lasted years, some lasted only a few night hours. But the older I get, the longer it takes for me to find someone who would want to have anything to do with me and nothing surprises me anymore, I've seen it all. It's all about emotionless sex anyway, my chest doesn't burn with lust anymore nor does my heart flutter with love and my last hopes of true happiness left with my last boyfriend, Phillippe.

For 23 years now I've been writing songs about love, desire and dreams, like mantras I'd be yelling to myself to keep moving forward and looking for new attempts at a perfect life. But something seems broken inside, my heart desperately needs a kickstart I'm apparently not able to give myself and there's no one around to help me.

Or so I thought.

I met Jenifer years ago when she joined Les Enfoirés. The first time I saw her, hate and envy had filled my being to the core. I hated her for being so loved, so praised and I envied her so ridiculously perfect body.

Me I have always looked nothing more than 'okay'. My pretty face saved me more than once, especially back in the modeling days, but my body certainly doesn't bring men to my feet. I am tall, thin and flat and my androgynous shape has never truly excited anyone but Kenzo. Jenifer is the complete opposite. She's naturally curvy, perfectly proportioned and her small frame allows her to wear miniskirts shamelessly while I have to be more than careful because of my way-too-long legs.

So I hated her and it took me a long time to realize such jealousy was childish and that Jenifer wasn't one to take advantage of her beauty nor one of those sexy but brainless chicks in the music industry. Now I'm all good with her and we're more than just friends. I could spend my days with her and after such a long time of close complicity, I've came to the conclusion that Jenifer Bartoli is not a woman like any other.

Apart from being beautiful on the outside, she also is an incredible person: she's kind, funny, way more intelligent than what people think, she's always there for those she loves and she's very mother material, like I am. But most of all, she has a huge heart and that is one of the most -if not the most- important qualities a person could have to me.

And... well, speaking of heart, I've recently been forced to admit to myself that the more time I spend with her, the less she leaves mine untamed. More than once Jenifer proved me that my ability to feel for another was still intact and five times actually this year, the feelings get so strong she makes my heart stop.

***

The first time, we're in the middle of a shooting for the promotion of the TV show we're both part of, The Voice.

It's the first year with two female singers as coaches and publicists are going crazy over Jenifer and I. Every tabloids ask us for interviews, shootings, etc., and our two male colleagues, Florent and Mika, are almost left out.