Chapter 26 - Empire State Building

AUTHORS NOTE: I am so sorry I have not updated/posted new chapters in the last week. I have finals coming up so I have been studying a lot but I'm trying to make more time to write.

Autumn

Last night I hardly got any sleep. The whole night Ryder was throwing pillows at me in a attempt to make me annoyed. Not only throwing pillows at my face, everytime I told him to turn off the T.V, he would turn up the volume. I'm suprised we didn't get any noise complaints from other people on our floor.

"Wake up." A voice whispered, rudely interrupting my sleep.

I groaned and turned to my left side, away from the voice.

"Psst, Autumn."

"Shut uppp." I mumbled, pulling the covers over my head.

"Autumn, wake the fuck up already!"

"No."

"Fine," Ryder sighed, giving up and walking away.

Finally he left me alone.

...well atleast I thought.

In a split second, Ryder ripped the covers off of me.

With eyes closed I even know the window was wide open, due to the cold air that rushed over my skin.

Goosebumps formed on my skin and I shivered.

I hate the cold.

"RYDER!!!" I yelled while sitting up. "What the hell is wrong with y-''

On the kitchen counter was a tray with delicious breakfast foods. There were two glasses; one filled to the top with apple juice and the other filled with water. Next to the apple juice was a plate of scrambled eggs, bacon, and French toast.

The one thing that really caught my eye was the red rose that laid next to the plate. It was a beautiful dark red that had glitter on the petals.

I was stunned. No one has ever done something so nice for me ever. Why would Ryder do all this?

Ryder picked up the rose from the tray and twirled it with his fingers. "Did you know the color red represents good luck in Asia?"

My mouth was wide open as I tried processing what was going on. Did he really do this...for me?

Ryder looked into my eyes and smiled. His cute smile made me feel comfortable and warm despite the cool breeze that filled the room.

He grabbed my hand and placed the rose in it, "Yeah, I had no idea either. The lady at the flower shop told me-''

"Wait." Now I was able to process what was going on. "You left the hotel? You know we're not allowed to leave unless we are with the group, right?"

He innocently smiled. "You know I don't care, right?"

I covered my face with my hands and sighed, "you could have gotten us in so much trouble for sneaking out."

"But I didn't. Win win situation am I right?"

Before I could tell him he was wrong, he walked over to the kitchen bar and pulled out a seat for me.

"Hurry up and eat or we're going to be late."

Getting out of bed, I walked over to the bar and sat in the chair. "Where did you get all this food?"

"Well I-''

"Wait wait wait. Why are you being so nice?"

"Because-''

"Is there a catch? Do you want something or-''