How it started

I rushed down the school's hallway. I had to find Valentino. My eyes found Greta at her locker. Willow was just besides her. William and Peter making their way towards them. Rushing over, I collided against Willow. "Have you guys seen Val?" I question my friends as my eyes moved around the crowded hall.

     Greta immediately smiled at me and spun me around. "Go to his car." She shoved me in the direction of the exit doors to the parking lot. "He's waiting." With one last look at my friends, I shrugged off the odd feeling and launched myself towards the exit doors. The hot suns rays shined down on me as I immediately felt the sweat. It always hated the hot weather. My hair would be big. But it also reminded me of summer, which was not too far away. It meant the end of another school year with amazing pool parties.

     Searching the parking lot, I spotted Valentino's black convertible. Dashing towards it, his mop of brown hair poked out from inside the car. He was bobbing his head and the closer I got, the sound of music filled my ears. Some sort of pop song but not the regular up beat ones. That one was soft and romantic. What on earth was he playing? I thought to myself as I stepped closer.

     My hand immediately covered my mouth as I heard him singing along. He knew each word and I couldn't contain my laughter. I screamed in giggles as Valentino stopped singing and jumped out of the car. He was in complete shock.

     "Ha-ha. Yes, I know, laugh all you want." His once paled face filled with a smirk has he stepped closer. His index finger lifted my chin. "But remember, I did this all for you." His lips brushed against mine before planting a soft kiss on them. I smiled at his words. Everything he did was for me. He would never hurt me, and I knew that.

     "Gret told me you were waiting for me here. Why?" Valentino's smirk grew as his dark eyes filled with amusement. He stepped back and raised the volume to the sappy love song. "Oh god, Val!" I chuckled and covered my mouth. "You're not going to sing are you?" I stepped back.

     "Melody Roma!" Valentino shouted for the whole parking lot to hear. He stood on his leather seat as the convertible's top was rolled down. Music blasted threw his speakers and everyone stopped their conversation to look at us. A blush cropped onto my cheeks. I was completely embarrassed. Everyone who was on lunch break stared at us in amusement. Clearly wanting to know what Valentino would do. "I never thought someone like me, a bad guy with a scary reputation, could ever fall in love." I sucked in a breath. "Hell, I didn't even believe in it myself. That was, not until I met you." Smiling down at me, he sent me a wink. My  cheeks flushed. "Melody, you changed me and you did it for the better." Waving his hands in the air, he looked around the parking lot. "I know, I know. We've been dating for eight months but we never said those three special words that everyone says to their other half." Looking back at me, his wicked smirk grew. "And Melody, you are my other half."

     "Oh god." I swallowed as people formed a circle around us.

     "So, I put on my big boy pants and decided to tell you. Right here, right now." Valentino opened his arms to the sky and shouted. "I love you Melody Roma! I love you to the moon and back! Do you love me?"

     I looked around and spotted my lovely friends video trapping the entire thing. Rolling my eyes, I faced Valentino with a smile. "I love you too." I said.

     "What I can't hear you?" His smug smirk grew; if that was even possible. "Did you guys hear her?" He asked the crowd of people. The all shouted a 'no' as a few others chuckled. "Can you repeat it, Melly? I don't think we hear you. Say it louder!"

     Sighing, my smile widened as I raised my arms. My eyes locked on Valentino. "I love you too Valentino!" I shouted as the crowed cheered. With my smile remained, I ran towards his car. Valentino pulled me up into the back seat as we stood in front of the entire student body and locked lips.

     It felt as if time stopped. That it was just him and I on top of the world. That was all I ever wanted. I could live in that moment forever. And we lasted that way for the rest of the year. But that a year later and everything went down hill. Everything broke apart.

     Who would have thought saying you loved someone at fourteen would turn into a terrible thing?