...Was Never Meant To Be

Forth's mask

Beam's mask

The ball was almost in full swing when Beam arrived with his date for the evening

The ball was almost in full swing when Beam arrived with his date for the evening. His lover. Forth Jamornhum.

The Shangri-la ballroom hall is the biggest in the city. It can hold as many as 2000 guests. Tonight, hundreds of young doctors on their colorful masks flocked the grand event. Numerous business tycoons and politicians were also present.

Forth held Beam's waist as they walked around meeting new people. Beam introduced Forth as his lover to his colleagues.

The doctors Beam works with don't know the Kreepolrerk heir since he works in the cardiothoracic department which is located in the opposite wing of the largest hospital in the country.

The CEO of the Kreepolrerk Industries has also not publicly announced his heir. His only son. Everyone knows he has a child with an English-Thai princess. Nobody knows who the child is.

As Forth and Beam met and greeted new people at the ball, one couple caught Forth's attention. Their masks were moved to the side of their heads, showing their faces openly.

Forth's right hand clenched into a fist while his left one guided and possessively held Beam close.

Beam felt the tense in Forth's touch. "Love?" He followed the eyes of his lover that were throwing daggers at a certain direction. "What are you looking--

Beam's chest tightened. Just a little. It surprised him. But not so much. It angered him. But not so much. When he felt Forth's hand grip on his waist, Beam felt relief.

A smile slowly appeared on Beam's lips.

"Love... I'm fine." Beam held the tanned hand that's tightly clasped on his waist.

Forth looked back to his lover. He kissed his temple and led him towards the direction of his father.

"I know you brought me here as Forth. But I at least want you to meet my father. Is that okay?" Forth asked along the way.

Beam nodded. "Are you gonna introduce me as Beam or Tee?"

When Beam called his father this morning for the first time in a while, he heard the excitement and longing in his voice. He even asked Beam if he wanted to go back to New York with him.

Beam was happy he called. But he only did so he could tell him he is fine. That he's doing well. His father had sent him letters of apology countless times for letting him abandon his name for a man. He should have supported Beam. Instead, Beam was forced to choose his ex lover and run away from home.

Xander Jarujitranon asked his son to take back his name. Beam would and he promised to see his father soon. The billionaire New Yorker was happy. Very happy. He finally got to hear his son's voice. And he finally made the first move to get close again.

"Beam or Tee. It doesn't matter. You are my angel. My father knows your original name though. Should I let him know who you really are?" Forth asked as they neared Daniel Kreepolrerk's table.

Beam pinched Forth's side. "When you're Tae, I'm Tee. When you're Forth, I'm Beam. Does that work?"

Forth flashed a gummy smile and kissed Beam's hair. "Works well, baby."

*
"Mr. Chairman, good evening." Forth greeted his father.

Daniel's brows knotted. His bodyguards were on alert as Forth stood in front of their boss. He gestured them not to make a move. He realized it was his son soon as the mask was taken off.

"Son, don't make the guards make a kill in the middle of a ball." Daniel said jokingly in a soft voice.

Forth smiled, hand still on Beam's waist. "Mr. Chairman, I would like you to meet someone. This is Tee Thanapon Jarujitranon."

Forth introduced his lover as Tee since his father had acknowledged him as his son before he could ask him to play along and call him Forth instead. It was too late.

The Kreepolrerk CEO extended a hand to Beam much to the surprise of the ball attendees. The chairman doesn't extend a hand to anybody. He even coldly ignores the ones that are offered to him sometimes.

"I'm Daniel. It's very nice to finally meet you. Tae has told me about you. And I know who you are. You being here means you two are together now, yeah?"

"Nice meeting you, Sir. Yes. We're together." Beam said shyly. His face is red. Forth has taken off and is holding both their masks.

"Good job, son. I told you the snow globes would work." Daniel tapped his son's shoulder. "It was the snow globes, right?" He asked Beam.

"It was all of his gestures. Actually." Beam confessed.

"All?" Both father and son asked the already blushing young doctor.

Beam nodded to Forth. Then his gaze came back to the chairman. "The...snow globes. The...roses. The...sweet notes. The handsome delivery man's gummy smiles and gentlemanly gestures every morning.

And...the other one is a secret." Beam averted both pairs of eyes.

Forth whispered on Beam's ear as he pulled the younger doctor closer. "Was it the first morning we shared?"

Beam nodded. His face felt heated up.

"You're so cute, my love." Forth whispered more.

The chairman cleared his throat to get the couple's attention. "Congratulations, kids. We can even hold a ceremony right here right now seeing the attraction between you two." The fifty year old executive sounds serious.

"Tee and I will get there, father. Now or tomorrow. Or months, years...from now. We will get there." Forth declared.

Beam suddenly looked up to the face of the man standing next to him. He blinked seeing the resolution in Forth's eyes.

"Y-you want to marry me?" Beam asked. Never once did his ex love respond to his proposals. Or propose himself.

And here's the man who didn't promise anything yet he declared his intention to marry him before his father.

"That's what I am going for." Forth said resolutely.

Beam swiftly wrapped his arms around Forth's neck and kissed him right in front of his lover's father.

*
After taking and getting congratulated by Forth's father and a few friends, Beam excused himself to use the restroom.

Forth waited at his father's table as Daniel introduced his son to his other friends.

After using the restroom, Beam walked the hallway back to the ballroom hall. He staggered a little when someone bumped into him.

"B-Beam...?" The familiar voice called his name.

Beam looked back only to see the face he once longed and then loathed to see. Somehow...he didn't feel extreme emotions anymore seeing the pale man he once loved dear.

"Hi, Kit...."

***************************
A/N: If you guys are confused with the chapter's title, attach it with the main title. It will make sense. 😁

***
Please forgive me for any grammar mistakes, typos, and poor use of words.

Thanks for dropping by!

See ya when I see ya.😘

-ZiaJang

Loving Him...On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara