14

that was her magicshe could still see the sunseteven on those darkest days

that was her magic
she could still see the sunset
even on those darkest days

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

DAISY

"Wanna come over today? Bubba's going out and he wants someone to stay home with me." I ask Ava as we walk towards the school.

Ava invited me to go get some coffee this morning so I rode with her instead of Dustin.

She smiles sheepishly. "Sorry Dee, I cant today, I already have plans."

I look at her with a small pout before nodding. "I'll just ask Seth."

Ava smirks. "I'm sure he'll be very happy to stay with you."

Her words make me blush. "I hope so."

"What's got you blushing so much pumpkin?" Dustin asks once we reach him and the rest of the group.

My eyes widen and I shake my head. "Nothing."

He raises an eyebrow but doesn't question me again.

I tilt my head when I realize someone is missing. "Where's Seth?" Dustin opens his mouth to answer before his attention is directed to something behind me.

All of a sudden someone's hands grip my waist and i'm pulled against a hard chest, scaring me to death, which is why I jump and gasp quietly.

"Guess who?" Seth's deep voice says right next to my ear, and I feel my heart start to calm down a little.

I blush and wiggle in his hold. "Let me go." He does as I ask and I quickly turn around to glare up at him. "That was mean."

He smirks. "Sorry princess."

Dustin speaks before I can. "Hey do you mind watching her tonight? I'm going out again." I notice him sneak a glance towards Ava, but think nothing of it.

Seth's arm moves around my waist. "Of course not. What time?"

Dustin shrugs. "Right after school if you want."

He nods. "Sounds good."

I look up at Seth and examine him with my head tilted as the others talk. He has a really nice jawline. His eyes suddenly snap down to meet mine and his smirk returns, noticing my staring. I blush at being caught and quickly look away.

Seth leans down to kiss my cheek. "You're cute." He mumbles, his face remaining close to mine.

I giggle quietly, which only makes his smile widen.

~

It's now my free period and I decided I wanted to go to the library. Seth said he would come with me, since he also doesn't have a class right now.