Chapter Eighteen: Near

Diana's POV

I stare at the blank ceiling trying to fall back asleep. I just couldn't.

Matt was alive?

Matt's POV

Brady sat next to me on the bench, swinging his legs forward. I would rest a hand on his legs, trying to stop him. He would just smack it away.

At this point, I had given up.

Theo took a seat next to me, staring into my soul.

"How could you let them get away? A damn human and a weak Beta."

He wore a crown, made of pure gold, carved neatly in place. I never noticed it.

"I will only apologize one more time. I'm sorry...err...Alpha King. I should have been more careful and paid more attention. "

Theo sighs deeply, taking off his crown.

"I am doing this for our well being. I hope you understand that. I want Brady to grow up and look up to me."

"He isn't your son," I say without thinking.

Brady begins to shake his legs again. Theo put his crown back on, preparing to leave.

"That doesn't matter to me. What matters is that he will take over this pack when I am gone. He will wear this crown."

It was quite obnoxious in my opinion. I'm sure he had this crown personally made by one of the pack members. I don't know would have done it though.

"Hm."

What else was I supposed to say? I clap my hands together, getting up onto my feet.

"Well, I should go find two...mutts."

It was wrong to call another Beta a mutt and also Hayden...Luna Queen's good friend. I walk away from Theo, not without giving him a small bow.

"Good."

*****

It's been about 20 minutes and I've been roaming around the woods. The sharp sounds of leaves crunching and branches crackling under my feet made my ears hurt. I had a hard time trying to go into the Woods Pack.

"Alright, Matt. You are going to get your butt to their pack and confront them," I roll my eyes and head to Blake and Hayden, "or warn them."

Diana's POV

"I honestly can't believe those two," Luca harshly whispered to himself.

I hug him from behind as he stares at me through the bathroom mirror.

"They ruined everything!" Luca adds.

"Oh, love. With or without Hayden and Blake, Theo would have found out."

Luca turns around, his broad chest now facing toward me. He leans back against the sink. He digs the bottom of his palms into his eyes, rubbing them with anger.

"Well, now we have to figure something else out AGAIN."

"Hey, it's okay. We always figure something out."

Luca was quiet for a few minutes, just stuck in his thoughts. He grows out his sharp teeth, shoving me to the side.

I wasn't going to lie, it hurt a bit.

"I'm done. I'm going to finish this right now."

"Luca, what are you thinking?" I questioned, slightly frightened.