Surprise

Disha's POV:

Next Morning I woke up and felt an arm circling my waist.

I slowly pushed his hand away, jumped out of bed, took a pair of clothes and rushed to the bathroom.

I took a quick shower and came out all dressed up in a light blue Patiala salwar and kurta, I was drying my hair with the towel when I saw Shourya was staring at me with his mouth open. He looked funny looking at me like that as if he never saw a girl before.

"What? What are you looking at?" I asked him.

"No.. Nothing. Just shocked to see you in punjabi suit. You look good in girly clothes." Shourya replied feeling embarrassed that I caught him staring.

"Thanks. Well I do wear them sometimes when I am around family but you never saw me I guess." I explained before he could make a comment on my western wears.

"Yeah I guess. But you should wear them more often you look beautiful." Shourya said.

"Huh." I couldn't say anything else as I didn't know what to reply. Even though we were now friends instead of enemies, it was still a little awkward to hear praises from him.

He slowly got up from his side of bed and went inside bathroom.

I fixed my dupatta on my shoulder and went downstairs to the kitchen. Mom and Dad were sitting at the dining table drinking tea.

"Good Morning Mom Good Morning Dad" I greeted them.

"Good Morning Dear, Did you sleep well?" Mom asked.

"Good Morning Dear, have a seat." Dad said as he pointed towards an empty chair close to mom.

I took the seat close to mom.

"Yes mom I slept well. What time do you guys usually wake up?"

"Disha, we usually wake up at 7:00 AM and have our breakfast by 8:00 AM. Since today all the relatives who are staying at the hotel are leaving and we have to go there to see them off, we are a little early. But why are you awake this early? Its only 7:00AM."

"I usually wake up at 5:30 AM, its actually late for me. I guess I was too tired from yesterday so couldn't wake up." I replied innocently.

"Yes Dear, we understand, we all have been there, getting married and being tired the next morning." Mom said grinning from ear to ear.

I heard her and understood the hidden meaning in what she said. I felt embarrassed on my foolishness of saying things without thinking. My cheeks turned red and I didn't know where to run.

"Haha it's okay Disha, I was just teasing you beta. Don't mind me. Where is Shourya?"

"I am here Mom" Shourya said while walking towards us, he took the seat across me.

"What's for breakfast Mom?" he asked.

"Beta just ask Meena to make you whatever you want to eat. We are leaving to see off our relatives in 10 minutes."

"Oh DO you want us to come?" Shourya asked.

"No we want you to do something else." Dad said from behind the news paper.

Mom smiled and slid an envelope towards Shourya.

"We want you both to enjoy for a week before you both resume work. We wanted to tell you both earlier but couldn't in all the hassle of the wedding." Mom said.

"5 nights and 6 days in Maldives." Shourya read the document from the envelope.

"Wow Maldives" I jumped in excitement and hugged mom.