mistakes were made - Byron

Silence, pleasant, peaceful silence, it had been three months from Cecilia's first period, and she has just had her third, it's painful to hear her shouting in humiliation as they apply the strange thing into her to absorb the blood, though by the third month she's definitely become.... More accepting, or the best explanation is using a cat as a metaphor, since she becomes avoidant and makes frustrated whining sounds, I can't blame her, I'm glad I'm not a girl, hell even baths are so much better knowing I'm not dealing with what she's dealing with.

Our owners have been on edge lately though, towards each other, towards Cecilia, my owner has even turned away from me in bed, as if he has been distracted and sad, and so I've began to feel slightly abandoned in a strange way, I know he cares about me, but there's just other things clouding his mind.

He clipped on my lead, and Cecilia was quickly caught by Bob who did the same, they walked us out and locked the door, I felt slight excitement fill me, maybe we're going somewhere fun this time, even Cecilia brightened up and was getting excited, since for the past three months we had been on separate walking schedules which I hated.

We were walked off in a different direction, along a new route, Bob kept checking his phone as if looking at a digital map, it wasn't a super long walk, maybe 30 minutes, but it was still long enough to leave me wanting to take a break.

We stood before a very professional looking place, it looked like a mix between a hospital and a dog shelter, we walked in and were greeted by a lively looking creature, it was a female with short horns, she had fur which seemed to glimmer red in the light but it was pure black in the shadow, she greeted my owners in excitement, giving me a quick pat which messed up my hair.

She led us down a corridor, there was the eery sound of wailing, I stepped closer to Cecilia who did the same with me, we entered a room were our owners sat on comfy seats, we stood beside them nervously, my owner gently stroked my back, I leant into him and mumbled some fearful nonsense, even Cecilia was looking for comfort in Bob who happily let her hide her head in his fur.

The woman chatted on and on before talking to someone at the doorway who quickly left, I hated the suspense, so I sat on my owners lap and also hid my head, he was so soft and comfy, it felt right.

The door opened leading me to look up, I made a strange squeak of a noise, before me stood a man, a human man, he was stark naked and had something resembling a muzzle on his face, he eyed me and Cecilia, "get the hell out of here! This... I won't see them doing this to kids" shouted the man, the creature holding the leash tugged it sharply, I hid even further into my owner, this was to much.

Was my owner going to abandon me?

What is this place?

Should I run?

My thoughts were chaotic.

"We're teenagers and what is this place?" Asked Cecilia, her voice quivered, but she managed to hold herself together better then me, Silence.

"Still kids, its... Like a breeding centre" finally replied the man after staring at us for a few minutes of silence, I looked at him, "how?" Was all I could ask, he examined me, "we refuse to... 'Mate' but they use strange things to put our.... Ugh I can't even explain it, but in short kid, they impregnate people through insemination" explained the man, I gulped and looked at my owner who was in a discussion with the female.

My owner lifted me up and carried me out, everyone following behind, we reached a back area, it was a maze of gates, each section holding woman and girls of varying ages and the ones further back holding males of varying ages, around 15 humans in total, Cecilia was getting jittery, "I want to leave" she hissed to me, I nodded my agreement, some of the woman noticed us and cried out, shouting for us to get out, I found myself making a whimper of a sound, my owner repeated my given name a few times but for the first time in a long time, I avoided him.