[Chapter Ten] Malicious Intents

Aloha! Okay so the next chapter will be back to Adrianna's point of view again, and yeah hope you enjoy this chapter! READ COMMENT VOTE

Frankie, xoxo

Malicious Intents

*Andrew Jamieson*

I paced around the small clearing, my breathing heavy and laboured as I made sense of what Peter was telling me.

“Calm down man, you don’t want to start anything with them” he said, trying to grab my shoulders to calm me down, before I stepped away from him and shot him a deadly glare. 

“Don’t I? That bastard hurt her, what would you do if it was June?” I said, glaring at him and feeling my claws digging into my skin as I hissed sharply at the sensation. 

“He’s her best friend, you’re her mate that she doesn’t have any strong feelings towards yet, who do you think she’ll choose Drew?” I stopped my pacing as his words sunk in.

As much as I’d love to imagine that she would pick me over that best friend of hers, I knew that she’d pick Jacobs over me. The thought of her doing that made my heart break slightly. She’d promised me last night that she’d give me a chance, one chance, and I promised myself last night that there was no way in hell that I was jeopardising that chance at having a love so pure. And yet, here I was, waiting in the middle of the woods, for her best friend, so that I could beat the shit out of him. Not the best way to earn her trust or love.

“Yeah you see it now don’t you? Just back off man, there’s a diplomatic solution to every problem” Pete said as his phone rung loudly. His face immediately lit up as he stuffed his hand in his back pocket and answered the call, giving me an apologetic smile and turning around.

“Yes I’m fine…No June…yeah I con-…yes I will darling, I promise…” I felt my anger dissipating as I noticed the tone of annoyance in Pete’s voice as he pleaded to his mate on the phone. “Yes, alright, I’m coming June, bye babe” he finally said after speaking on the phone for a solid five minutes.

He turned to face me, his hand scratching the back of his neck as he tried to avert my gaze. Now, it wasn’t all the time that a man got to see his best friend squirming under pressure.

“What’s up Pete?” I said an undercurrent of mocking in my tone.

“June, she wants me to go with her, she wants to take Adrianna out for lunch, and she practically forced me to come. No go means instant cockblock Drew” he said, a look of sheer panic crossing his features when he mentioned the cockblock that would be implemented if he didn’t comply to his mate’s wishes.

“Just go man, I’ll be fine here, no fighting, just a man to man talk between Jacobs and I. Tell Adrianna I send my regards to her” I said, punching him on the shoulder as he gave me a fist bump and ran off in the direction of our cars.

I crouched in the middle of the clearing, clutching my head as unpleasant thoughts invaded my mind. The trees surrounding me weren’t the same as the ones in England, they were much barer, the dirt beneath me taking on a slight reddish tinge to it. I caught sight of a lizard walking past me, its blue tongue darting out of its mouth.

“What did you want Jamieson?” a deep voice said behind me. I snapped up and stood straight, shoulders back and feet slightly apart as I looked straight in the eyes of the leader of the pack.

There were three of them, typically; even though Dean was at the front, I could tell that none of them, apart from a blonde, were actually of any ranking. I scoffed at them and smirked at Adrianna’s so-called best friend.