3| 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘚𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘤𝘩 𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘺

・ 。゚☆: *

・ 。゚☆: *. ☆彡゚.
3| The Search Party
・ 。゚☆: *. ☆彡゚.

I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT. I wouldn't believe it. There was no way that Will was missing. He's just hiding, everyone knows he's good at hiding.

-"Are you sure you looked everywhere?" I asked Mrs. Byers while searching her house with her one more time.

-"I'm sure! Even in the shed! Stella he's gone! I'm telling you!" Mrs. Byers insists as she folds a blanket and drapes it over the couch.

I sigh in defeat and take a seat on the couch. She joins me and we sit in silence. She then places a hand on my kneecap and looks at me.

"Stella, I need you to promise me that if you see him, that you let me know right away!" She says firmly.

-"Of course Mrs. Byers!" I assure her with a light smile.

She smiles back and squeezes my kneecap.

-"Your smile really does fill up the whole room! Even if it is small, your really are shining right now Stella. I still feel awful, but you've brighten my day just a little!" Mrs. Byers pulls me into a hug and I hug her back.

Wow, I never thought that anyone would ever think of me that way. I was almost tempted to ask Mrs. Byers where she had heard the term "your smile really does fulfill up the whole room", but then again, none of that was any of my business, so I bit my tongue instead.

-"Well, your parents will probably get worried if you don't leave here soon," Mrs. Byers stands from the couch.

-"Yeah," I agree with her quietly as I follow suit with her actions.

Unless Steve suddenly cares.

She grabs my backpack from the hook and hands it to me. I thank her it and she does the same. She pulls me in for a tight hug, and I couldn't help but feel warm inside. My mom loved me max that's for sure, but I couldn't remember really showed through a simple gesture such as this.

-"Now you go straight home and don't take the back roads ok? I want you to be safe!" She instructs as I grab my bike.

-"Yes Mrs. Byers! I promise!" I wave as I hop on my bike and ride away.

Mrs. Byers nods and grabs a pack of cigarettes from her pocket, lights one and starts smoking.

I felt awful for what Mrs. Byers has to go through. Will wouldn't ever run away, unless he had a good reason to. Which he didn't because nothing was wrong with him. I rode quickly as the sun started to set a little in the West.

( • • • )

If I was going to kind of, sort of, maybe be considered as a member of the party, I would need a walkie-talkie. Thankfully though, Lucas had an extra one and let me have it, but I had to give him a $1.50, so that he could have some "extra change." Believe it or not, I actually gave him six quarters. (I think he really did want a dollar bill though) But, hey, it's good arcade money, and when I told him, that, his face lit up in excitement.