XVII

She shut her eyes forcefully as the current flew through her body. She bit her lip till blood poured out. When the current passed, she opened her eyes, watching the hazy atmosphere. She could make out figures and she unconsciously tightened her seal. One of the blurry figures reached up to her and held her chin. She had no strength to turn away, let alone swat his hand away.  Her hands were bound by chains and her feet were firmly pinned to the ground. Her hair fell over her face and her head snapped down.

She had to get out of here. She had to free herself before the war began. She felt the person walk away and another current passed through her body. She had to get away, fast. And her eyes gleamed as she thought of a perfect plan.

-

Sasuke looked behind him as the mass of purple took shape. His Susanoo was completed. He turned back to look at Itachi, who was smiling widely at him. Sasuke de-activated his Mangekyou Sharingan and walked to his brother, who engulfed him in a hug. They broke apart.

"Well done, Sasuke! You finally did it!" Itachi said as they walked back to the Uchiha estate.

Sasuke smiled but didn't say anything. As they neared the house, they spotted a blonde woman waiting for them.

Itachi walked up to her and bowed down, Sasuke following him. She nodded and quickly told them.

"We have to be on high alert. I have just received a threat and it is not to be taken casually." She said with a hushed voice. She looked around them and then walked away briskly.

"Sasuke-" Itachi turned around to see Sasuke pinned to a tree by a man, his eyes covered by a cloth as he tried to break free. Itachi looked into the man's eyes and wished he didn't, for what he saw there, couldn't have been real.

-

Tsunade watched as Konoha crumbled into dust. The people had been saved but the village... The village was destroyed. There was nothing left of the lively village. There was blood on its ground. There were dead bodies lying everywhere. She gritted her teeth. Her most powerful shinobi were no match against their enemy. Madara had been revived and Zetsu and Tobi were leading an army of men.

She looked around. The Allied Shinobi forces were fighting with all their might. Orochimaru had gone to his hideout with his team and Sasuke and was planning to reanimated the previous Hokages. She released her Strength of a hundred seal and stepped into the battlefield.

-

Itachi watched as the sword impaled his hands and stuck him to the wood barrier. they had somehow managed to trap Sasuke too. The younger was trying to break the chains but they kept absorbing his chakra. Itachi closed his eyes and opened them, revealing his Mangekyou Sharingan. The enemy smiled.

"Do you think after using it for so long, you'll be able to see from your eyes?" The man under the mask questioned.

Itachi smirked. "I have perfect vision, if you may know. I had someone seal the effects of the Sharingan and heal my eye." He said as his Susanoo took shape. The man was taken aback.

"Then I'll just have to pull the dirty card." He said as he moved towards Sasuke and had him under his hold.

Itachi narrowed his eyes. The others were busy fighting the Ten-tails and the ones that had come to fight this man were already dead. Sasuke opened and narrowed his eyes, his vision had dropped severely and unlike his brother, he hadn't found someone who could heal them.

"Don't touch him." Itachi hissed, desperately trying to free himself. At this moment, only one face came to his mind. A face he hadn't seen in the past month. A face he could recognize anywhere. The only person who could defeat this man without breaking a sweat. He shut his eyes. 'Naruto....'