New feelings

"But is she going to be OK?"

"She'll be fine. It's just normal. All these are as a result of pregnancy hormones. The may be pregnancy induced cravings coming along too. But for now, you just have to understand that her body now only works with the baby's demands; he is little in there but she would only have what it wants; and as for the fainting, she only fainted because her system is weak. You just find something she can eat and not throw up, then let have her rest, like a lot of rest."

"Thank you Andrew."

"You're welcome Mr. Shenko! And call me anytime anything goes wrong. And Dora, please make sure she takes her vitamins. Her body needs them."

"I will."

I wasn't awake. But I could hear them. I could hear them clearly.

So why I was asleep, or had fainted, Mr. Shenko had called in the Doctor to check up on me. I really hated Doctors but I couldn't help the fainting thing either. It was like this baby thing came with a lot of that and it was starting to be a bore.

When I finally opened my eyes, I found thee was no one in my room. They'd all left and I was alone. I had gotten so accustomed to solitude that the presence of people made me force myself back to sleep until they were all gone.

My stomach groaned and trust me, Florida heard.

I was starving!!!

I was tempted to jump back into bed and fake sleeping again when I heard the door push open,

"Maraïda," British English never sounded so good to my ears. It was just a name I had been called all my life but he made it sound like a whole new thing. His accent added something spicy and utterly irresistible to a name that I never thought was special. I use to think it was special when my family was perfect. But after some time, everything particular about my name seemed so vague and overrated.

It had always been pronounced as plain old 'Myrider'. That was the originality of it. My father rode a motorcycle and my mom would call him that; her rider, after all, that was how he had stolen her heart. Then one day, he just changed.

Jared Shenko would pronounced it as 'Mara-ida' and I couldn't help but wish that was it. That that was my name. It sounded so fetish on his lips I wanted to hear it again.

"Say that again,"

"Say what?" He asked,

"My name!"

"Maraïda?" His brows scrunched up in confusion,

"Wow!"

"What is the matter?" He asked,

"You make it sound like one of those fancy names when there's nothing fancy about it."

He let out a small chuckle and I swear I saw a sparkle from his clean white teeth. He was a beautiful man.

"You're funny! Come down now, there's something I'd like us to try." The way he said 'us', made me like we were a couple or something in the romantic region, doing stuff together, but I was barely as he and his wife had so insisted: his surrogate.

Still in the cloths Sophia had sent for me earlier, I ran down stairs. The heavy and delicious smell of food almost left me tipsy. I felt my steps increased speed as numerous flavours mixed and filled the air. I was so hasty that I was taking two stairs steps at a time, only for me to trip and fall, but not onto the grown. A strong, firm pair of hands were supporting me from behind. My eyes were shut tight and waiting for the crashing effect and the after pain but, it never came.

Mr Shenko!

There was no way I could've been mistakenly. He was the one who had caught me from crashing to the floor; again. The feeling of me in his arms, this time very conscious, was overwhelming my very soul. I was in a state of ecstasy and as much as I wanted to pray for it to last, even I knew I wasn't that delusional. He wasn't mine. He was married and in love with his wife Sophia.

"You have got to stop being so agitated or you might hurt yourself and the baby." He broke my moment and pulled me back up, "your body is still too weak for you to try and overwhelm it. Could you at least try to not be too clumsy."

I was going to throw back at him something sassy as answer, but my stomach did the answering for me. It growled!

Truth be told! I was starving!

"Come on" he said guiding me like a blind child to the table, making sure I skipped anything that could be 'dangerous'.

I was all cool until I saw the table.

It was packed!

They were all kinds of foods and desert and some were still wrapped in the catering company's wrap bag. It was heaven. I wanted to eat everything even though I knew my tummy wouldn't agree with the majority of it all.

"Did I sleep through thanksgiving? Why so much food?" I asked,

"The doctor said your condition has gotten to a stage where you only eat what the baby agrees with. So we're going to find yours and the baby's preferences for now."

"How does It get a say in what I eat," I whined like an eight years old, "This is not fair! I want to eat everything!"

"Today's that day, my darling," Mr. Shenko said settling next to me on the table. I looked around and couldn't see his wife. He noticed,

"Sophia's gone with the nurse to buy some drugs and necessary vitamins you'll need."

Wow!!!

"Is she really OK with this?" I asked. I had to make sure I didn't step my boundaries. I still had a little morals left in me. My mother had impacted those in me. Even though I was slowly loosing everything else, some were still buried deep within my soul. Sophia was Jared's wife, meaning he was off limits for me.

"She says she is and I pray she really is." He continued, "now! What would you like to try first?"

Up top is a gif of Jared Leto because he has the same name as our male protagonist.