Part 1

I left my house – closing the door behind me – before starting in the direction to school in a quick but easy pace. I was running a little late, which rarely happened since I managed time well, but that morning, I couldn't find the beaded necklace that would go with my outfit. It ended up being on top of the microwave in the kitchen. It was so weird honestly. I was never an unorganized person, but lately I'd been a little out of it. Probably because of school. Which still made no sense. I never stressed. I always had things under control. I smiled up at the sun. Today would be a good day. I looked down at my outfit, deciding that my floral-printed shorts and sleeveless denim jacket matched the weather.

Halfway to school – after four minutes – I heard the sound of the first car passing by. The neighbourhood I lived in was real quiet. Never any noise or "action." It took me only a few seconds to notice that the car hadn't passed by me. Instead, it slowed down and rolled along next to the cars parked by the sidewalk, keeping pace with me. "Hey Susan!"

I didn't have to turn around to know who the voice belonged to. It was Bobby Harmick - normal height, fit from sports and working out, deep dark blue eyes, short black hair with strips dyed dark blue, a piercing on his right eyebrow, and a scar at his temple. Which all highlighted his dark personality. On his big strong hands - that were usually busted up from fighting - he always wore multiple rings that seemed to hold deep meaning and value.

He was part Latino since, according to him, he had ancestors from Central America. He was a troublemaker and everybody in our school was always gossiping about how he was in a gang and involved in many dangerous illegal activities with older friends. I wasn't big on gossiping therefore I didn't know what parts were accurate. Though it wouldn't surprise me if some stories were true.

I mostly wasn't a fan of Bobby because he was enemies with my boyfriend Kenny. Not only that, but despite me dating Kenny, he flirted with me a lot and always talked about how I could be his future wife. His last name was Harmick, while mine was Harmock, which he believed was a "sign." Whatever that meant. I couldn't take him seriously half the time, but I wondered why he chose to pick on me instead of some other girls. Well, maybe I knew the answer. Him picking on me was probably just his evil way to spite Kenny. 

I continued to walk, not glancing once in his direction. "Damn. You lookin' good." Whistling ensued - from his friends, I knew. "Your legs are lookin' tan and nice and long." I didn't even flinch, like some girls would've. Just kept on walking. "Hey. You need a ride?" No answer. "Come on Susan. I'm not doin' nothin'. I'm just politely askin' if you want a ride."

I slowed my pace just a little and for the first time, looked at him. He was behind the wheel of a nice red convertible with the hood off, looking at me. I wondered if it was stolen. He never had the same car with him for more than a few weeks. Maybe a month at most. Next to him, in the passenger's seat was a guy I didn't know too well except for the fact that his name was Tuck.

The last guy was in the back, drinking something, and not sitting on the seat but on top, dangerously close to the back bumper. He gave me intimidating eyes. I looked at Bobby. "And I'm politely telling you no," I said firmly. Picking up my pace, I refocused my gaze ahead in front of me.

"Aw, why do you not like me Susan? I mean, I like you. We got no problems." Pause. "Oh. Is it your boyfriend? Where is Kenny anyway?"

I rolled my eyes. "None of your business."

"Oh, so it's like that huh? Well okay. I see. We'll leave you alone then."

"For now," Tuck said. The boys laughed.

"Bye Susan," Bobby said.

He drove away. "See you in school!" the guy in the back yelled, throwing something in my direction. It fell in front of me - an empty beer can. The thing he had been drinking. I stepped over it and continued on my way to school, glad that the idiots were gone, though their presence had unfazed me. *