CHAPTER NINE

Serena snapped out of the daze as she jumped up moving back," No" she whimpered at, as Paul's eyes followed her, instantly jumping up, knowing that he had just imprinted on her.

Paul raised his hand trying to reach out to her "Sere-"

NO!! fuck no! this can't be happening!" She cursed feeling her chest become heavy and her palms turning sweaty.

"Serena, you know we can't stop this, you know we can't-

"I don't give a fuck! You can't-You run out of my life, and then suddenly this happens?!" She snapped at him as he furrowed his brows

"I can't do anything about it!!" He raised his voice unknowingly

"Well, I can! And I want nothing to do with this!" She argued back

Paul felt the hurt of rejection," Please Serena, don't- He reached out for her but she stepped back away from his grasp

"No, you walked away from me, and it's my turn" She seethed as he stood frozen to the hurtful words thrown to him.

Serena felt the pain, as well, as she said those words.

She felt like she was drowning and she wanted to say the opposite of what she said, but this imprinting-will not solve their ongoing problem.

"Serena please-Please don't walk away, I can't lose you" Paul begged as Serena gripped her fist, and bit her lip, at the pain of him begging, but she needed time to adjust to this.

She at least deserved to make him feel the pain she felt years ago.

"Rachel! Jacob! Let's go! We are leaving!!" Serena yelled looking away from Paul, as she watched her siblings, Emily and the pack running out, at the sudden shouting.

"What happened?" Rachel asked as she walked over, with Jared by her side, and it took a moment for the Pack to know what had happened, and Jacob's face fell into complete anger, but Serena grabbed his arm stopping him.

"We are leaving, now!" She raised her voice, grabbing her brother's arm.

Rachel said her goodbye's to Jared, as she followed Serena into the car with Jacob already sitting in the vehicle fuming with anger, but not enough to shift since he was more worried about how Serena was feeling about the situation.

The remaining pack watched the Black siblings leave the premises, as Paul was standing away from them, watching them leave, and they could feel his pain.

"Paul give her some time," Sam said as he walked over patting his shoulder in comfort

"She rejected me Sam" He mumbled hurt as his voice cracked

"No, she didn't because it would be so painful, that you wouldn't be able to stand or speak, Paul. I know the feeling, but that doesn't mean you give up, you know, before you imprinted, the both of you once had cared deeply about each other, and honestly, I think that there is still something strong between the two of you, and the imprinting only amplified it" Sam stated as Paul looked to him and let out a sigh.

"No more running-No more being a coward" Paul answered

Sam nodded," Make things right this time, because this second chance, will be the last to do it"