𝐼𝐼. 𝒢𝓊𝓃𝓅𝑜𝓌𝒹𝑒𝓇 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒢𝒶𝓈𝑜𝓁𝒾𝓃𝑒

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

And suddenly,

the monster in him falls silent

as he rests his head on her lap.

- everything feels better with her || L.W.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

Most children developed a fear of the dark and the monsters that lurked within it. The children that had been abandoned on the streets of Yokohama, however, learned that the darkness was their refuge.

It allowed them to stay out of sight-- of traffickers and policemen alike. And furthermore, they knew that the shadows protected them.

A whispered secret that was passed on to every abandoned child like words of a prayer that spoke of shadows that sometimes moved on their own and the girl who controlled them like a puppeteer. The shadows hid the children, protecting them from all who had been judged to have ill intentions towards the young ones.

What had started out as an accident had quickly evolved into one of the most well hidden networks of the city.

(Y/n) had stumbled upon a small group of men attempting to herd away a bunch of terrified street-kids in an alley she knew was a shorter way home. At the sight, her blood had turned cold under skin, turning her fingertips icy to the touch and stopping every other thought in its tracks. She couldn't even recall having stepped forward, but the next thing she knew was tendrils of black wrapping around the necks of the traffickers, slowly choking them to death while the kids scuttled away to hide by the walls.

Something had simply snapped deep within her, filling her with something sinister. Cold fury had taken over every coherent thought, and instinct took over in a display of raw power that proved her ownership of the name 'The Devil's Apprentice'.

Understandably, the children had been terrified out of their minds when she turned her attention to them, seeing nothing but malice in the depths of (e/c) pools that slowly melted away into an emotion that was almost akin to empathy.