2 • Now I'm Here

Faiyum, Egypt 1878 B.C.

There was a large crowd gathered in the center of the village. The town crier was stood up on a podium, ringing a bell to alert the rest of the village. Families came out with their children, gathering within the crowd.

A redhead could be easily spotted towards the back of the crowd. It was a female-presented Crowley with the long and curly red hair dressed in a long flowy white and yellow dress.

A quite typical Aziraphale with his normal curly blonde hair wearing some simple white robes approached the feminine demon, tapping his – or rather her – shoulder. Crowley turned to look at the smiling Aziraphale, smirking at the sight of his little wave.

"Hello, Aziraphale!" She greeted quite happily. "What are you doing here?"

"Well, I..." The angel cut himself off, finishing the thought by simply pointing to the sky.

Crowley tilted her head back a bit with an inhale. "Not good news then?" She asked, nodding her head towards the town crier.

"Eh, not quite," Aziraphale replied and nervously held his hands together at stomach level. The two both turned their attention towards the town crier as he shouted loud enough for everyone to hear.

"Attention everyone! It is with a heavy heart that I must announce the passing of our previous King Senusret II. He was found early this morning in his bed..."

His voice seemed to drown out into the background. Crowley turned back towards Aziraphale, asking him, "so he's in Heaven now, and you're here?"

Aziraphale shrugged a bit, turning just his head towards the demon. "I'm paying my respects." He turned his head back towards the town crier immediately then.

"There were plenty of Kings that have passed, and plenty more to come. Why are you really here?" Crowley asked, sounding quite persistent with getting an honest answer.

"What are you implying?" Aziraphale questioned without turning his head back.

"Oh, nothing Angel," Crowley replied quite quickly with a smirk on her face. "I'll be seeing you."

"Quite right." Aziraphale nodded, his eyes going towards the direction of the quite beautiful demon though his head remained fixed forward. He only turned his head to face her again once she'd turned to walk away. He watched as she disappeared into a house about a block down. He didn't pay much mind to the other person that followed her in a little after.

Crowley heard the steps of someone coming into the front room she was in and felt the corners of her lips twitch upwards. "Come to stay, have you Angel?"

"Hm, that's right." The voice did not belong to Aziraphale, though Crowley recognized it well.

Before she could turn to face the man (if you could call him that) behind her, she felt her hair get bunched into his hand. He pulled her head back with such force, then slammed her face right into the wall.

"Azrael!" Crowley cried out, putting her hands to her head in an attempt to save her scalp from being torn off.

"There's going to be a revolution, Crowley," the gruff voice muttered. He flung the redheaded demon right to the ground, her going down with a spin. "Why have you betrayed us?"

Crowley looked up at the demon Azrael, his shoulder length hair matted and a deep shade of filthy brown. He grinned evilly down at her, his teeth sharp and rotting, his Crimson glowing eyes piercing right into Crowley's serpentine ones.

She shook her head at him. "You betrayed me firsst," she hissed at him bravely.

"We'll see you in Hell," Azrael snarled, acidic saliva dripping onto her right shoulder causing third degree burns within a split second.

Crowley hissed out in pain, growling lowly under her breath. She quickly turned onto her side, gripping Azrael's leg. She then pulled in and bit down on his ankle, canines sinking right in and venom seeping into the wounds.

He let out a roar of pain, kicking his leg aggressively forward. This launched Crowley, causing her to roll across the floor a few times before stopping on her stomach. She placed her hands on the ground, tilting her to the side and allowing her eyes to trail up to Azrael's. "I won't be ssseeing you anywhere." Her voice was rough, whines of pain carefully masked.

"Don't deny the truth," he warned, wagging a finger down at her. He then disappeared in a disgusting puff of nearly black smog.

»»»«««

Crowley stood shirtless in his bathroom, one of the rooms he was rarely found in. Every time he walked in he'd need to miracle away all the dust and occasional cobwebs. The mirror in the bathroom was the only mirror in the flat that was safe to use. The other mirror he owned was in his bedroom covered by a black sheet since it was shattered.

Crowley eyed his left shoulder, scowling at the burn scar that covered the entire front of it. "4000 years and you're still there," he muttered to himself disapprovingly. He then went still and silent for a few moments, glaring at nothing in particular in the reflection. "I know you're there, come on."

The mirror started to ripple from the center outward like a little droplet of water landing in a pond. A face suddenly protruded from the center of the ripple in the mirror, platinum blonde hair shorter than Aziraphale's with a matching goatee, and purple eyes just like Archangel Gabriel's. "You know demons need invitation into one's home," he commented with such a sinister grin.

"Yeah yeah, just get in here Zadkiel," Crowley snapped. He turned then, pulling his silky robe off of the hook on the bathroom door. He lazily threw that on to cover his torso, it seeming to clash with the quite tight black skinny jeans he was wearing.

The angelic featured demon pushed himself through the mirror. Once he stepped in front of the sink, he flattened his deep blue suit, a shade as deep as the ocean. His pristine white wings stretched outward as he slowly allowed his head to make one slow roll.

Crowley watched him, the right side of his lip repulsively curled upwards. "Show off," he mumbled, sounding just as repulsed as he looked.

The Amphangel Zadkiel put his hands out delicately. "You could have this all back, brother." Something about his smile that featured his beautifully white teeth seemed very unnatural. It even made Crowley feel uneasy.

Crowley hissed quietly, barring his teeth slightly. "We're not brotherss."

"Have you forgotten our pact? All of us, bound by a holy miracle for eternity." Zadkiel stepped toward Crowley, that grin sticking like glue. "You, me, and Michael; the holiest brothers."

Crowley grimaced, launching himself at Zadkiel. He grabbed the collar of his blazer and shoved him right into the wall. "We're not brothers, we were never brothers! I fell under your hand, Amphangel Zadkiel, you betrayed me!" The redhead growled out every word, his face inches from the blonde's. 

Zadkiel merely smiled softly at the demon who raged at him. "I heard you like tea," he commented, scrunching his nose momentarily. "Just a cuppa, shall we?"

"Get out of my flat," Crowley snarled very lowly.

"Can't!" Zadkiel chuckled and put his hands up as to shrug. "I've attached to your mirror, you'll have to bless it." He smirked as he replied. He watched as Crowley glared at him but was unable to say anything. "Let me go, we'll talk over tea."

Crowley hissed and reluctantly let Zadkiel's collar go. He took a step back, watching the Amphangel adjust his collar and straighten the blazer. The look of neatness reminded him of Aziraphale so he looked away in attempt to put the only truly wholesome Angel out of mind. The only sane being around.

God– er, Satan. He loved that angel.

A/N:: I decided to publish this chapter quite earlier than planned as my friend's birthday present. Happy Birthday Sawyer – t0xicZer0!!

P.S.
Everyone go follow them for amazing Good Omens oneshots!! Give them tons of support, they're an amazing demonic angel with amazing writing skills and a beautiful soul! <3