Harpy(Ernest)

A gunshot and a pain-filled screech woke me up in a cold sweat. I rush to the door and put on my rain boots in a quick pace. Rushed out the entrance and try to listen for something to guide me, right on time a screechcame from the right of where I'm standing. It was far away from my home, I stand still for a few moments(flight or fight).

Then run. Running fowards I hear my own feet snapping twigs and crunching leaves, then I hear a man curse to himself from afar. I hear something pass above me and crash down. I stop in my tacks and turn to look at the presumed injured animal.

I approach slowly while whispering words to calm it down. "Hey, it's ok. I'm here to help you. " Soon as one word came out the creature's head shot up and it's stance change to prepare for a attack. "I'm not gonna hurt you. " It seemed to calm down as I held out my hand. It took a few seconds before it made a decision. I was surprised when I saw a human hand grab mine with caution, it tried to stand up but failed and fell on the ground. I quickly bent down to help it stand and walk back to my home.

Putting my arm under it's shoulders and propping it's arm over mine. I noticed its arm had a big wing growing from it but the thing that matters now is getting it to safety and helping its wounds.
-

After a long walk I was home I opened the door, closing it behind me with my foot. I walked to the bed and and set the creature down. I stretched my back a bit and turned on the lamp by my bed. I was a bit shocked from the reveal of what I couldn't see in the dark. It was a human boy at the most but other parts were bird-like. It's wings, it's legs, and the group of feathers that slowly fade on parts of his body.

His arm was wounded but not much damage was done. Of course there was blood and it was definitely gonna leave a scar but it would be easy to disinfect. He's unconscious but he won't be when I put the chemicals on the wound, it would be easier to work on since I couldn't find the bullet.

I went to the bathroom and got some disinfectant and bandages. His wings give little twitchs as I sit by the bed and getting ready to pour the disinfectant.I poured it and after a second He hissed and backed away from me while clutching his arm, he glared at me.
"I'm sorry it hurts but it will help you. " I reached my hand out towards him as I did he moved back a few inches until he was against the wall. The look he gave me told me he was thinking about trusting me.

He gently grabbed my hand with hesitation, Scooting closer to me so it would make my goal easier to reach. I poured some more on his arm and waited for the white bubbles to settle down, dirigible this wait there was silence and the uncomfortable feeling of his staring. "Do you have a name? " The only somewhat of a response he gave was a head tilt along with curious eyes.

I started to wrap the bandage around his arm and had to endure more silence. " Ernest. " I looked at him with a bit of surprise then I gave him a gentle smile. "That's a lovely name."

-

After a few minutes I decided to sleep on the couch and let him sleep on my bed. Sometimes in the middle of the night I would the flapping of his wings as he turns in his sleep, it took a while for my body to relax and sleep.

-
The past few days have been filled with conversation ,help to his wound which has been healing well. He helped around the house whenever I needed it. We got along great and quickly became friends. When his wound fully healed, he said he had to go home but he was absolutely sure to visit me whenever he could and he kept that promise.

He visited often for one or two days a week. Then there was one day that would change my life. It was everyday day when he visits, we were sitting together on the bed talking while the crickets sing during the setting sun. He grabbed my hand all of the sudden "y/n I need to tell you something that's been on my mind for a long time. " His pale cheeks were flushed a fadding pink as he placed my hand on his chest to feel his beating heart. "As you can tell I have feelings for you. So will you do me the honor of allowing me to court you and take you to my kingdom? "

"Kingdom? Are you Royalty? " "Yes, I'm sorry from keeping that secret from you but I was afraid that if I told you I would intimidate you and make everything weird. " I pressed a hand against his warm cheek. "Well I'm glad you told me anyway. "
"So y/n what's your thoughts on my proposal? "

"Yes."

Sorry if this one sucked but I tried my best to stretch it out a bit and make it good at the same time. It will take a while to upload every chapter for each request. But anyways I hope you enjoyed the first official chapter, I hope you have a lovely day.