◦ 3 2 ◦

Clover flung herself to the floor, gasping with tears forming in her eyes as searing hot pain shot through her back. Her ears were ringing and her head was pounding. She laid there for a moment, her newfound pheasant friend wrapped in her arms, before she gently let it go. The ringing lessened slightly, enough for her to hear fighting within Poppy's base. Blood, bone and other fragments of Poppy's guards fell from the sky and onto Clover who laid still on her stomach, shaking with shock.

She was alive.

The brunette gently pushed herself off the ground. Judging by the sharp pains in her back, she knew that while she might have been alive, she wasn't quick enough to escape unscathed and that some of the fragments had dug into her back. Nevertheless, she pulled herself up right, picked up her knife and stumbled out of the forrest.

As she made her way to the ruins she heard a light pattering behind her. Clover turned and saw the pheasant following her. She grabbed it hesitantly, holding it out in front of her to avoid any possible attacks from the animal, though it barely seemed to care. She placed it back in the forrest before walking away, only to hear the pheasants little foot steps again. 

Clover looked back at it with a huff, and, had it not caused her pain to do so, she would have crossed her arms, "You're kind of dumb," She told the bird who looked up at her cluelessly. Clover rolled her eyes, "You're lucky you're cute, "She mumbled under her breath before continuing, even though she knew it had no idea what she was saying, "You can come but it's not my fault if you get hurt."

And with that, she turned away and began making her way through the base.

. . .

After walking through piles and piles of bodies she found herself in front of the entrance to Poppy's base. She heard the familiar sound of Eggsy's voice and saw Charlie Hesketh beneath him, Eggsy's hand wrapped around his jaw and throat as he spoke, "Give me the code."

"I can't," Charlie breathed with a laugh, tense under Eggsy's grip, "Only Poppy knows it."

"Well, then you're no use to me, are you?" Eggsy asked calmly, "For the record, Charlie... I'm more of a gentleman than you'll ever be. But right now, it's time to drop the gentle bit. This is for Kingsman. For my mate Brandon. For Roxy." He took a deep, shuddering breath before continue on through gritted teeth, "And for Clover. You hurt my friends. You killed the one person that I loved with my whole being... Good night, bruv." He wrenched his arm back and the sound of Charlie's neck snapping echoed throughout the base.

Eggsy stood from Charlie's body, picking up Poppy's red briefcase as Harry and Merlin emerged from what appeared to be a salon. Clover stumbled forward with tears in her eyes.

"Eggsy..." The girl whimpered. The young man's head shot up at the sound and she was surprised he'd heard her at all. Harry and Merlin's eyes followed Eggsy's gaze to a disheveled Clover who was staggering towards them covered in blood and dirt and widened.

"Clover?" Eggsy breathed, eyes wide as he looked upon the woman who he thought he had watched die before his eyes. "Clover?" He repeated, louder this time, tears welling in his eyes once he realised that she was real. She was really there. In front of him. He ran to her, faster than he thinks he has ever run before. He bundled her up tightly in his arms as sobs wracked his body, his head naturally finding its way to the crook of her neck. 

"It's okay," The brunette cooed, ignoring the pain pulsating through her body as one arm wrapped around him while the other brushed through his hair. "I'm okay, I'm sorry for scaring you, my love, but I'm here. I'm not going anywhere."

Eggsy felt his knees weaken at the sound of her voice, sweet as honey and soft as summer rain. Though she tried to hold him steady, Eggsy slid down her until he fell to his knees, gripping at her legs as he sobbed into her stomach. Clover's heart broke and she didn't stop holding him for one moment, her hands sparing gentle caresses along his face, back and shoulders.

"Y-You're real..." Eggsy whispered hoarsely once he managed to control his tears, "...You're a-alive."

Clover slowly lowered herself to her knees in front of him, cupping his face tenderly as though he were the most precious jewel to grace the Earth. And to her, he was. "Of course," She replied with a comforting smile, "Can't leave you alone at the alter, now, can I?" Eggsy chuckled and she peppered kisses over his face before he wrapped her up in a tight hug.

"Are you o-okay?" He asked once they'd pulled away from each, concern worrying away at his heart. "Y-You're c-covered in blood."

Clover glanced down at herself, finally taking in the state she was in, "I-I'm okay," She told him, still shaking from the adrenaline. "I just want this all to be over." Eggsy nodded, suddenly seeming to remember the situation they were in.

"Goose..." Clover brought her gaze up and found Merlin and Harry behind Eggsy who moved aside to let the pair closer.

Merlin was the first to bring her into his gentle embrace, being mindful that she was probably more battered up than she let on. She squeezed him tighter when she felt his shuddering breath. The pair parted and Clover could see the tears in the older mans eyes. "I'm so glad you're okay, Goose... I don't know what we would have done without you." She smiled softly up at him, her eyes fluttering closed as he pressed a kiss to her forehead.

Harry was the last to approach, his cheeks wet, stained with tears neither had known he's shed. "Dad..." She breathed, all but falling into his arms. It took every thing in him not to break down. She was okay. She was okay and she was in his arms. Something he never thought he would feel again.

. . .

I really hope this chapter was okay!! It's been a hot minute since I've written something so it may time me a bit to get back to it and I know it's a little short but I hope you all liked it anyway!! <3

I really dont want this series to end!! :(( Thankfully we do have a Kingsman 3 with eggsy in the works so this won't end with golden circle!! And I'm interested to see what the prequel's gonna be like :D

Also!! I really want your help!!
What would you guys like to see from an epilogue for this part of the book??

Thank you all for reading! And thank you for over 200k reads and 6k votes yall got me in my uwus 🥺

also im thinking of doing a mandalorian or poe dameron fic  😳 would yall be interested??

xx Clara

clover when she survived the mine